MSPA Forums
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [FANFICTION] Jake English's Mysterious Theater of Scientific Romance From the Year 3k

Master Douchelord Vyro P. Dragon III's Avatar

Re: [FANFICTION] Jake English's Mysterious Theater of Scientific Romance From the Yea

Oh god light and dark

I love and hate it so much all at the same time. It's on par with DAVE STDIDER for me.

Commander Shepard's favorite store on the citadel
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: [FANFICTION] Jake English's Mysterious Theater of Scientific Romance From the Yea

Since I'm probably going to miss my non-existent deadline, here's a preview of what's to come.

Last edited by Edrobot; 12-03-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Now this is advertising!
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

So now that T-Rex is planning to build a time machine, does that mean that he'll show up again later?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Vyro P. Dragon III View Post
    So now that T-Rex is planning to build a time machine, does that mean that he'll show up again later?
    Normally I would say that T-Rex's attempt to build a time machine is doomed to failure thanks to his own incompetence, but then again he regularly goes to Tudor England so they probably sell DIY time machine kits in stores or something.

He'll probably show up again at some point, maybe for the christmas special.

OH SNAP; I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW I WAS WORKING ON ONE OF THOSE, DID YOU?

And better yet, YOU get to decide what the christmas special is about! Your choices for this year are...

HELLSTORM EVANGELION: Now that Shinji has killed all the Angels, he now has to fight DEMONS! (no, really) Though originally made famous by Elmer Studios MST, we're going to take it on anyway!

BURSTON'S SORROW II: A fan-sequel to the original Burston's Sorrow, Burston travels back in time to stop his father before it's too late!

NEON EXODUS EVANGELION: An extremely controversial Evangelion AU that apparently starts off terrible but gets much better over time. Still, it's hilariously terrible Marty Stu "DJ Croft" makes it worth reading.

The Return of Dark Kyeoto: ...I have no idea what this is supposed to be about, but I think this is a Kingdom Hearts fic.

You like any of these? Let me know by taking the survey below!

Seriously. Do it now.

So I'm gonna do the survey for sure, but what are the results so far? I can't decide between DAVE STDIDER POKEMON TRANER and Light and Dark, so I plan to give whichever one that is in last place a vote boost

Pronouns
    he/him/his

So I'm gonna do the survey for sure, but what are the results so far? I can't decide between DAVE STDIDER POKEMON TRANER and Light and Dark, so I plan to give whichever one that is in last place a vote boost
    If I did that I would kind of be missing the point of a survey.

I just misread Vyro's post as saying that DAVE STDIDER had Light and Dark versions. That would have been far too clever for it.
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    I just misread Vyro's post as saying that DAVE STDIDER had Light and Dark versions. That would have been far too clever for it.
    Shit I totally can see DAVE STDIDER's dark version starring Jack and Karkat, and taking place from their point of view.

I would legit read that.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Shit I totally can see DAVE STDIDER's dark version starring Jack and Karkat, and taking place from their point of view.

I would legit read that.
    And it's written in regular prose, fleshing out the backstory for Jack and Karkat, and explaining some of the gaping plot holes...

I LIKE IT!

But until someone decides to write it, there's a new episode of Jake English's Mysterious Theater of Scientific Romance out!

I would legit read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrobot View Post
    And it's written in regular prose, fleshing out the backstory for Jack and Karkat, and explaining some of the gaping plot holes...

I LIKE IT!
    Yes. Hell yes. Also, while the story should in 90% normal prose, when Dave & friends show up in the story, it should be revealed that everyone speaks and spells normally except for Dave himself.

The only reason the story is horribly written is because the main character is weird and sees it that way.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Yes. Hell yes. Also, while the story should in 90% normal prose, when Dave & friends show up in the story, it should be revealed that everyone speaks and spells normally except for Dave himself.

The only reason the story is horribly written is because the main character is weird and sees it that way.
    Well, normally for how Homestuck characters speak, at least. Because as we all know the first rule of Homestuck fanfiction is that typing quirks are how the characters actually speak in real life.

(I'll let you puzzle over whether that was sarcastic or not.)

Challenge Accepted

This is why I shouldn't go on the forums when I'm bored. I make terrible long winded ironic dark fics for terrible Homestuck pokemon Fan Fiction.

I think I'm just going to read the new episode of Jake English's Mystery Theatre now. I'm looking forward to the nonstop stream of Metal Gear Solid Jokes.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldi View Post
    Challenge Accepted

This is why I shouldn't go on the forums when I'm bored. I make terrible long winded ironic dark fics for terrible Homestuck pokemon Fan Fiction.

I think I'm just going to read the new episode of Jake English's Mystery Theatre now. I'm looking forward to the nonstop stream of Metal Gear Solid Jokes.
    Beautiful. Just beautiful. This is made of pure win.

Challenge Accepted

Dude holy fuck yes. That was AWESOME.

Please make more. PLEASE. I would kill to see these two join the battle of the bands, dress up as ghosts or take those naked pictures of Terezi.

Also I THINK the DAVE STDIDER version of Jack is the prototyped Bec version, because in the shopping chapter it mentions him shooting GREN FIRE, and it says he "teleprots" a few times.
    Last edited by Vyro P. Dragon III; 12-12-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Challenge Accepted

You must solemnly swear that you will only use this power for good!

But in all seriousness, I am quite impressed. I'm surprised you even found a clever way to have the group still be called "Team Bad". If you continue this project of yours, I give you the best of luck!

SPEAKING OF DAVE STDIDER.

I just got an email notification. IT UPDATED.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7942034/...POKEMON-TRANER

The three best lines from this chapter IMO:

Well okay the last two were several lines but I couldn't choose just 3.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Working on the next episode. One thing I want to do is have Caliborn in a wig and sunglasses call Dave over the codec pretending to be "Master Budweiser"... and then many episodes later reveal there's a real Master Budwiser that looks exactly like Caliborn in a wig and sunglasses.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I don't think I need to say much more than:

And now here's the results for the poll!

What should I review for the christmas special?

Hellstorm Evangelion 3 27%
    Burston's Sorrow II 2 18%
    The Return of Dark Kyeoto 2 18%
    Neon Exodus Evangelion 3 27%
    Other 1 9%

Looks like a tie between Hellstorm Evangelion and Neon Exodus Evangelion. Since I didn't vote myself, I think I'm going to say Hellstorm Evangelion, because I know for a fact that it's terrible. But I promise that I'll also do Neon Exodus Evangelion at a later date, because I'm curious about it myself.

Which story should I focus on in the future?

DAVE STDIDER POKEMON TRANER 4 36%
    Light and Dark, The Adventures of Dark Yagami 2 18%
    Sonichu 3 27%
    Tenshi Trail 2 18%
    Other 0 0%

Looks like DAVE STDIDER POKEMON TRANER wins! Not suprising given this is a homestuck fan forum, but still.

I'm glad to see people liked my Sonichu review, though I admit it was pretty hard to pull off.

Personally, Light and Dark was the one I REALLY wanted to do, but hey. I'll get to it eventually.

Who is your favorite of the four main characters as I have written them.

Karkat 6 55%
    Dave 2 18%
    Jake 2 18%
    Pinkie Pie 1 9%

I am a little surprised that Dave didn't get more votes, but I'm not suprised Karkat got the most votes. He's fun to write, even if I can't make up clever insults like he can.

Which character do you think is written the most Out of Character.

Karkat 1 9%
    Dave 0 0%
    Jake 1 9%
    Pinkie Pie 2 18%
    Caliborn 3 27%
    Caius Ballad 3 27%
    Other 1 9%

Apparently there's more Final Fantasy XIII-2 fans out there than I thought. And yeah, I did kinda mess with Caius' characterization. He ended up being like the Kingdom Hearts version of Sepiroth; he still looks the same, but none of the depth the character was known for is present. Though to be fair that was kind of intentional, I wanted to parody my first impression of him as an invincible douchebag Sephiroth clone. Seems I suceeded a bit too well.

As for Caliborn... given some of his more recent exploits I don't actually think I'm too far off the mark with him. I mean yeah I did kinda make him more random and exaggerated his stupiditiy, but only so they he doesn't try to kill off the main characters immediately.

Which is your favorite OC, and/or the one you want to learn more about?

Alfred Smith 3 27%
    Lant Kreck 1 9%
    Electra Pendragon 6 55%
    I don't care about any of your characters. 1 9%

Now this is unexpected. As I've said before, I really do like Electra; she's fun to write and fun to abuse. I'm just suprised at how well others have taken to her; I used her as a minor villain in an RPG I run and one of the PCs tricked her into becoming a long-term companion (it's a long story). I'm just worried that someday she'll end up becoming less a parody of a mary sue and more like an actuall Mary Sue.

As for Lant... well, I admit I kinda forced his backstory in there. Unlike Electra and Alfred, who have obvious quirky personalities, lant is pretty bland in the out of context. I imagined him like Peter Parker or Clark Kent, struggling with lots of internal problems related to his vigilante career, not to mention the fear of being ousted as an alien on Alternia and subsiquently culled. But since he only gets to appear in short segments of MSTs, he never really got a chance to show any of it. Plus, he doesn't have any of Spider-Man's trademark wit and being a straight man doesn't seem to get him very far. Perhaps in the future I can refine the character so that he's more interesting within the context of the series.

If I were to write a story or do a fan-adventure about any of my OCs, would you read it?

Yes 5 45%
    Maybe? 6 55%

Well I'm glad to see people are taking an interest!

I'm thinking about writing a Kingdom Hearts fic at the moment. I don't want to say more, however, because I'm still planning it out. Once I get the first chapter up, however, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

And assuming that the world doesn't end in a few days, I'll be seeing you on Christmas with the Season 2 Finale: Hellstorm Evangelion

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Damn it I must have intimidated everyone with numbers again.

I can't really think of anything to say tbh. I just want to see how Snake managed to survive THAT. He must have, if there's an act two, but damn.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I can't really think of anything to say tbh. I just want to see how Snake managed to survive THAT. He must have, if there's an act two, but damn.
    The answer of course is always Nanomachines.

And given the apparent Snake/Sweetie Bell ship, maybe the story is worth a further look, so we may come back to it.

Snake/Sweetie Bell.

This is one of those situations where I cock my head back, and after a minute of pure shocked expression, I stop and go "Eh, I'd ship it."

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, this isn't even the weirdest thing I've seen shipped. Man/Pony love is relatively tame to the vast expanse of the internet.

At least it's not The Joker/Aerith
    Last edited by linkzeldi; 12-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast