AKA A Thousand Blank Cards w/ Tournament Rules
Have you ever heard of a game called A Thousand Blank Cards? Well this is sort of like that.
The basic premise is that everyone can make cards, and everyone uses the same deck.
Making an overpowered card is a little bit stupid, because while it's put into your deck, a copy of it is put into the deck of all 15 potential opponents! There are a few rules related to making cards (nothing restrictive), but the general rule of thumb is if you don't want the potential for it to be used on you, don't make it.
If you want to sign up, it is recommended you submit at least 5 cards some point before the first match. This will be first come first serve, though, so feel free to sign up before submitting your cards.
The basic rules are:
1) This will be a tournament set-up. First round will be 8 2v2 fights, next round will be 4 fights, then 2 fights, then one fight to select a champion.
2) You start off with 6 hearts and 100 points, and 6 cards in your hand.
3) You can make a card at any time, even if you are eliminated from the tournament. It will be shuffled into the decks of all other players. If you are currently in a match, and not waiting for the next round, it will not be shuffled into the decks of either you or your opponent right away.
4) If you hit 0 hearts, you lose.
5) You gain 100 points every time you destroy a card.
6) Points don't really do anything. You can make cards that cost points to play, cards that give you points, cards that steal points, cards that give you a boost if you have the most points out of everyone, and so on.
7) Cards also have hearts. If they have 0 hearts, they go away, unless stated otherwise. If a card says it has attack power, it can only damage the player directly if they have no cards defending them.
8) You draw 1 card per turn, and can play 1 card per turn. If you don't play a card, you draw an extra card.
The rules for making cards are:
1) Pretty much all of the basic rules that aren't bolded can be changed by cards. However, you aren't allowed to change the rules for making cards.
2) No card can target a player specifically (IE. Billy Is Great: Billy wins instantly because Billy is Best)
3) Cards CAN affect other peoples games (IE. ICBM: Deal 4 hearts of damage to a card in another game)
4) Cards CAN affect other specific cards, even ones made by other people (IE: Craig. Can only be destroyed by playing Blitzkrieg)
5) Cards CAN require competitions (IE. Both players play oregon trail and the person who gets farther gets points), but cards CANNOT use competitions for skills lots of people don't have (IE. Both players remix sunslammer and the one with the better tune wins points)
6) Cards CANNOT force the other player to do something they are uncomfortable with (No forcing the other player to draw Baby Muppet Porn)
7) Cards SHOULD be 300*200 pixels
8) Use random effects (coin flip, dice roll) sparingly.
9) Card text that is not in english, not legible, or in some sort of code is to be treated as gibberish and has no effect.
These are all valid cards:
One last note:
I will track your hands and decks for you, but you will be in charge of playing cards. PM me if you need to do something like draw a card or reshuffle your deck or recap what's in your hand.
There's a wiki now.