Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2406

Thread: Jake Be Quick

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Re: Jack Be Nimble

Quote Originally Posted by recalcitrantIre View Post
    automated sliding doors
    its set in the future
    also he's wearing sorta heavy boots and walking on hardwood floor thats the sound that he was trying to avoid
    but the apartment is empty so its a moot point
    oh so the "briefly" was from him not wanting his briefs to be showing, and therefore wearing his baggy shorts?
    ???

I didn't understand why "briefly" was used and so I went off on a tangentially related tangent about getting through doors quietly.

Anyway like a week since a proper swigftti? Shame:
    Bardquest is an acquired taste, like Brie.

Truly, though, when you go to look at it again, you'll find yourself swayed by the emotion of nostalgia. Why did the king imprison so many gay people if he himself was gay? Why couldn't they simply steal more cods? Are cods really an allegory for gods? Who was Harold? Where were the dragons?
    On the other hand, it's gotten to the point where I nostalgise for Bard Quest simply because it's shorter than all the other comics put together.
    Actually no I'm reversing that assertion. Bard Quest was a really interesting world that I wish Hussie had explored more.

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

Re: Jake Be Quick

I always fit into my own little social group where I could temporarily hang out with anyone I wanted to if I wanted to (even the 'hood' stoner students were fun once you got to know them), but most of the time I basically hung out with no one but maybe one or two core friends.
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Knight of Void megalovaniacUltimatum's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Of the two thousand or so people at my school, there are maybe twenty that I can actually call my friends, and then maybe five that are true friends. I mostly hang out with my lunch table, who are all Homestucks. They're also all girls, so that's a bonus.

Uses Abbrvtns 2 Condescend u Ace of Dark-Hearts's Avatar
    Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post
    I always fit into my own little social group where I could temporarily hang out with anyone I wanted to if I wanted to (even the 'hood' stoner students were fun once you got to know them), but most of the time I basically hung out with no one but maybe one or two core friends.
    Mm, same here. I sit with the pot head students during lunch. (There is no such thing as hood where I live.)

The only people I can't stand are the sassy bitches and generally annoying people. I have no problem with nerds inherently (being one myself), it's just that most of them are really exceptionally annoying and/or immature.
    My tumblr. Also here is my art and music blog. Check 'em out, maybe?

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Man tumblr doesn't seem to understand conventional quadrant symbols.
    What's up with that????

My school was shitty and meh and it had cliques and I was alone.
    High school is a good experience for some people, but not for me.
    Then again I'm not doing much better in college, so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Dark-Hearts View Post
    Mm, same here. I sit with the pot head students during lunch. (There is no such thing as hood where I live.)
    'Hood' pothead students are completely different from regular ones. I can promise you. (Though I dunno how to describe them without sounding really discriminatory to something.)

I agree though, some 'nerds' can be really overbearing with their interests and have no sense of self-consciousness.

Here in college I don't have any friends I hang out with, just acquaintances who I know a little better than I know other people. I just sort of do my classes and then do my homework. It's a quiet life.
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)

Guys guys I think we should call the Dolarosa
    The Dollarosa
    Rightrightright?

Or can we talk about Ruff1o again because that is what I enjoy talking about
    http://i.imgur.com/YDXDT.gif

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

Re: Jack Be Nimble

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousOutsider View Post
    fish why've you always got to talk about people in terms of popularity

I feel like I'm in one of them american high school movies
    I can't really say much about american high school movies, because they're completely awful, but

Sometimes, I stop and wonder... If there are so many shows on TV that cast the main character as an underdog... What do the popular kids think when they watch those shows? Like, they certainly don't think "Hey, I can relate to that guy being down and out. There have been so many times in my life where I haven't had many friends, or where I've been mocked." Yes, okay, so maybe in an odd case or two, a popular kid might actually have been bullied before, or not had many friends, sure. For this hypothetical scenario, we're not talking about those guys. What the fuck do popular kids think when they watch shows staring characters who are unpopular?

Wait, whoops, I just realized a key point that I hadn't considered yet. Popular people don't watch those shows because they're not Jersey Shore they don't appeal to their interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Anyway I have come to the conclusion that PNP is so popular that he's at the level of popularfity what when he responds to you you just HAVE to respond to him back even though he responds to people all the time.
    People don't respond to P=NP because he's popular. They respond because that's the polite thing to do. "Oh hey, somebody replied to my post, commenting on an opinion I expressed and adding to it. I won't respond to them."
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

Popular people still have problems and they can still get it, but usually the way they associate with it is different and maybe not things we would actually consider problems. I'm sure popular people are acutely aware of how shallow their friends can be and can at least dislike people who are being overtly aggressive and annoying, and in general while maybe they cant associate with the problems of the protagonist, they can associate with not liking the antagonist. If that makes sense. Nobody has a perfect life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    No what I'm pretty sure I did the dates and stuff rightly this time?
    Yes, I know. That's why I was weeping at it's beauty.
    I have no problem with nerds inherently (being one myself), it's just that most of them are really exceptionally annoying and/or immature.
    I personally find it peaceful while sitting with them. During our discussion classes, our whole class is silent, so it's a nice contrast to the loud lunchroom.
    Rules     :     Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Prin Pardus View Post
    Guys guys I think we should call the Dolarosa
    The Dollarosa
    Rightrightright?
    I think we went with Sassyrosa
    I can't remember who started that (probably MW)

I wonder if Dirk and Jane will actually have A1 trolls to mess with them
    they don't seem to have a way to access the dreambubbles at this current point in time, they're both still alive on both sides so its not like they're going to be in the dreambubbles anytime soon

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

they don't seem to have a way to access the dreambubbles at this current point in time, they're both still alive on both sides so its not like they're going to be in the dreambubbles anytime soon
    Sassyrosa came from MW and then I decided to enforce it by using it as soon as someone talks about A1 Dolorosa. I think.

Dirk could possibly get access to the dreambubbles if he use the fenestrated plane that GCat transported into his house.

Oh, and hello everybody.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

I know
    But I don't like it :c

They had better get patron trolls! Jane can swoon over the SumMANer, that would be cool, and Dirk could have Darkleer or someone creepy.

I'm back! Even though I never told you i left.
    So, school? Mine's really nice, I guess. Lots of smart people so it's okay, but most are just getting into puberty, while I've already had a good dose so...lots of moods in here. My friends got this charisma that would, hypothetically, count her as a 'popular' person, but we all stay in respective groups really. All my friends are quite close, the ones I hang out with everyday.
    Tommorow is feild day, and I am most likely to have a B for the whole term. In gym, I mean.
    Get your *Add some form of troll anatomy* off my lawn
    ....Good for now.

Poof I can write good/bad poetry.

In god we thrust (ahhhh don't hate me)

I went to high school in a small town, so I can't really give the most accurate of pictures. Everybody knew everybody and broke down into three or four groups that don't all easily translate into what people think of as the "standard high-school cliques": Awkward people, less awkward nerd/gamer/jock/stoner hybrids (What is an individual in this group? Pick two, mix them together.), jock/hick hybrids, and those women who didn't fall in with the other three groups. And, often enough, people from different groups just hung there out of habit and had no real problem talking to each other.

Of course, now that I go to college, I talk to even fewer people. Because I'm conversationally awkward most of the time.

... This is me pretending to smile. YEAAAAAAAAH! fuuuuuuuuck I need to get out more.

As for what will likely happen in the next upderp, I doubt that it's a scene change. The last pesterlog ended with something that isn't an obvious cue for a switch. <---- Trying to be on topic.
    Amusing quotations:

Quote Originally Posted by Prin Pardus View Post
    I know
    But I don't like it :c

They had better get patron trolls! Jane can swoon over the SumMANer, that would be cool, and Dirk could have Darkleer or someone creepy.
    DORKLEER! Called it unless someone else already did but first time I've seen it! 'Course I did misss some discussions.
    Get your *Add some form of troll anatomy* off my lawn
    ....Good for now.

Poof I can write good/bad poetry.

In god we thrust (ahhhh don't hate me)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    Sassyrosa came from MW and then I decided to enforce it by using it as soon as someone talks about A1 Dolorosa. I think.
    It doesn't role off the tung as wall as I'd like it too.

And I dunno I feel like the windows are related to the void and that he might just end up getting lost. I feel like only Roxy will be able to correctly abuse the windows.

Why did I remove parts of your quote? Why? Bluh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arson'sASport View Post
    I'm back! Even though I never told you i left.
    Silently leaving and then returning is the best.

BECAUSE MAYBE YOU NEVER LEFT AT ALL. (I do this sometimes when I work really late.)

Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Okay, I DEFINITELY started Sassyrosa.

Although at the time I called her Big Beautiful Black Woman Dolorosa.

Dirk could possibly get access to the dreambubbles if he use the fenestrated plane that GCat transported into his house.
    I think Roxy can only access dreambubbles in the void between windows because she's a Void player

Dirk would just pop through to the other side of the window, which if I remember rightly leads to the Skaianet laboratory under Roxy's house

Oh, and hello everybody.
    I can't imagine him using it anytime soon, with the drones attacking and all that. Hussie probably has something planned for it though.

But if she's Dollarosa
    She can be a stripper

Mmm, Dorkleer is passable.

I can't decide whether I like Coolscar or Duelscarf more. Let's just go with Coolscarf.

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post
    It doesn't role off the tung as wall as I'd like it too.

And I dunno I feel like the windows are related to the void and that he might just end up getting lost. I feel like only Roxy will be able to correctly abuse the windows.
    I think Roxy can only access dreambubbles in the void between windows because she's a Void player

Dirk would just pop through to the other side of the window, which if I remember rightly leads to the Skaianet laboratory under Roxy's house
    But, see, that's where A1 Darkleer intervenes. He's a Void player, so why couldn't he interact with the void? He can keep Dirk from getting lost.
    And the window could get unplugged again!

Okay, I DEFINITELY started Sassyrosa.

Although at the time I called her Big Beautiful Black Woman Dolorosa.
    ...That's a clear difference.
    Last edited by Stormspirit; 05-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

...That's a clear difference.
    Pshhhhh, the spirit in which the idea sprung was the same

No but seriously I was thinking Sassyrosa when I thought of that

I guess great minds think alike????????

yes

But, see, that's where A1 Darkleer intervenes. He's a Void player, so why couldn't he interact with the void? He can keep Dirk from getting lost.
    So basically it's just Darkleer doing stuff instead. Booooo.

Wait.

Dirkleer.

I AM EMPEROR.

Dirk's not the Void player though, so he won't see the travel through the void and therefore he'll just pop up on the other side like nothing happened

and since apparently the void is the Furthest Ring, there's no time difference on Earth's side when Roxy jumps the windows so no matter how much time she spends there, there's no significant difference Earth-side

bluh I need to be less tired so I can explain this better