Last edited by CSJ; 06-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Voting has been completed on all human applications for far, while voting on male Imperialist trolls continues.
Congratulations to Never, AudreyIvy, Monkeysky and foreverAlone. If you've sent an unsuccessful app and would like feedback on why it was unsuccessful, please contact myself and I'll get to you. If you have been accepted, please add your details to the spreadsheet and PM myself with your Skype name so I can add you to the discussion group.
Last edited by CSJ; 07-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Of course, there are still some slots open, as listed in the second OP for those still interested. Once those are filled, we'll be ready to start (finally)!
Hey, just alerting you to the fact that my name is Never, and not "Mister Always". Also, I'm female. =P
DesireDriven is best fangame.
Lovenu is now officially filling the last Female Imperial slot.
Things are looking good, y'all. Only a few more slots left!
And in other news, Druidi's Sengen and Zhangku's Xander have been accepted. Will be clearing a few things with each; I hope to have both of you added on Skype shortly.
To help rectify some team imbalances, I am looking for the following in any new applications:
- Male Capitalist: Must be non-American. May be 'Double Agent' living in the Soviet Bloc (optional). Must either be a Knight or an Heir.
- Male Anarchist: Must not be an outright psychopath. Note also that the standard of Trolls regarding what defines an 'anarchist' are different to ours; in this RP, any troll fighting to overthrow the haemospectrum is classified an 'anarchist', because that is the only form of government most trolls are aware of.
Apart from the above, feel free to go crazy with apps.
Last edited by CSJ; 07-12-2012 at 03:33 AM.
So, anyway, I was filling out my portion of the spreadsheet, and I realized that I barely had any of the required sections in my app.
CSJ, you I really dropped the ball on that one, but at least the info is up and inoffensive now.
Another question: Is there a First Guardian for this session? I feel like that would sort of twist the alternative history a bit.
There will be one. Its exact nature is undetermined and will be considered.Another question: Is there a First Guardian for this session? I feel like that would sort of twist the alternative history a bit.
hello! i am a friend of AudreyIvy's and she said you need a few more players. i am working on an anarchist troll right now, and i can probably submit that in the next few days! just letting you know
Darn, I just sent mine for the troll anarchist :I . I really hope I get that spot no offence Arryx. I just wouldn't get into this Rp.
There will be a slot or two open for additional kids in the near future, so watch this space. There may also be an activity check as well, since a number of players aren't on Skype yet.
AND WE'RE DOWN TO ONE SLOT.
At least, temporarily. A slot will be opening soon (possibly two), for the humans shortly once a few issues are sorted player-wise.
:O Who's left?
"I'm your huckleberry."
there! got my entry in. annnnd now we wait hahaha XD
And with that, we're done. No more apps will be accepted until the last troll slot is filled and we start reviewing their half of the session.
Once that is done, some slots may appear for both humans and trolls. Keep an eye out.
Thanks to discussions on Skype, we now have two slots free. One each, for the Capitalists and Communists.
Interested, but don't know what you want to be? Here are some suggestions which would fit well into the setting:
- Revolutionary Socialist/Communist involved in the against Colonialism/Imperialism (Many possible backgrounds in this setting, thanks to upheavals in South America, the Caribbean, North Africa and across Asia)
-- Likely to be closed-minded, combative, short-tempered, and naive, while also being passionate, skilled, resolute, and ward-working
- Son of the Revolution (entered Sburb thanks to family connections, be it prestige, political power, direct involvement or by simply by bribing the right people; parents are held in high regard by the State - be it the USSR, Yugoslavia, Albania, Serbia, etc)
-- Likely to be lazy, boorish, slow, and grating, while also being well-prepared, calculating, strategically-minded, and well-grounded
- Rich Southern Redneck/Fortunate Son recruited thanks to family connections (money/political power/military status; many possible explanations for being inserted into the SBurb program ahead of other children)
-- Likely to be obnoxious, uncouth, and unpopular, while also being loyal, determined, outspoken and uncompromising
- Cultured UK Gentleman chosen for diplomatic ability, intelligence and to stop them complaining as loudly about being eclipsed in prestige by the USA's New World Order
-- Likely to be condescending, dithering, ambivalent, and drab, while also being sharp-witted, well-respected, insightful, and organised
Choices are obviously not limited to those archetypes - in fact, a quality app which fits the RP without following the above will have an advantage when/if it comes to selecting candidates - specifically for putting in additional effort and showing original thought.
I'd just like to know if the roleplaying is already taking place, since the spreadsheets and charts are already kind of half-filled
Ah, okay. I'll be working on sending a profile soon then
Edit: App sent, I hope I meet ze standards
Last edited by Jack Wetson; 07-19-2012 at 03:31 AM.