MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Homestuck Anime?!

Homestuck Anime?!

If you want to be part of this project, email us at homestuckanime@gmail.com please!(That way we can avoid spamming the board)
    Our Tumblr can be located here.

Auditions for Story boarders and Concept Artists are now OPEN! Read below for criteria and email us your submissions!
    Auditions for Animators are open! Read below for criteria

The concept:

FAQ(Please, please, PLEASE read this before you post)

Want to help spread the word? We now have new SIGNATURE BANNERS!

What we need:
    • Writers
    • Story boarders
    • Concept Artists
    • Artists (that could all imitate a specific style)
    • Animators
    • People who can do the video editing stuff
    • Musicians (for an opening and closing theme)
    • Voice actors

For our aspiring Animators:
    The criteria we will be looking for this time are... A walk cycle! That's it. Give us a lovely little walk cycle. Everything else about said animation is up to you!

Don't steal someone else's walk cycle, make sure it's all your own work, etc.

This time, however, it would be lovely if you could notify us in advance if you're going to try out. Shoot us an email or a Tumblr ask if you're planning on auditioning so we have a good basis on how many people are interested.
    For our aspiring Concept Artists:
    We need people who are familiar with anime stylization to come give us a rough idea of what style the other artists should be emulating! If you think you're the person to do it, please send us a few pictures! If you want big eyed, shiny pupils... send us some art! If you want something more Dragon Ball Z... send us some art! (No chibis, though. We're not making Lucky Star Stuck. It also might be a good idea to lean a little more to the Shounen styles, but that is just a suggestion not a rule.)

We would like 2-3 characters(preferably the ones that will be in the episode) in the anime style of your choice. Front and Side are the minimum requirements, but feel free to include other angles and whatever else. Canon outfits, please, though simplifying and making minor changes should be just fine!
    (If you steal someone else's animestucked art, you will be in big trouble, so make sure it's yours and yours alone. No colored bases either. Thank you!)

EDIT: Arlar, who will be reviewing your submissions for concept art, asks that you please make sure to cell shade your submissions. If you don't know what that means, there should be some tutorials on deviantArt and various other sources. Thank you!
    For our aspiring Story Boarders
    Just to shake things up, we're not going to have you do the same section of the comic as the writers because we got tired of green flames. So, we'd like to show us your Windy Thing skills instead.
    Please take the following section (from here to here) and story board it into a format that would look like an anime episode. Get creative here!

We aren't necessarily looking for artistic talent, we're looking for vision. (cue the cliches) We want people who know what would look cool, how to transition, etc. Obviously art skills help, but don't feel left out if you haven't got them.

Here's an example of what we're looking for.

The Production Team (aka, the cool people who are organizing this shit):
    • Petite.Kleptomania
    • Arlar
    • Arsenicum
    • ShadowOfFate

Writers:
    • MirrorMagic

Editors:
    • Everanix
    • Thedude3445

Voice Actors:
    John Egbert actorsAllusion
    Rose Lalonde thepandabetweenus
    Dave Strider Tooch
    Jade Harley Adoxographist
    Karkat Vantas Tooch
    Kanaya Maryam felicitousArtisan
    Vriska Serket Phenomenominal
    Feferi Peixes Ryoko
    Tavros Nitram Adoxographist
    Consorts effervescentHoopla

Story boarders:
    • MagneticSkye
    • arachnidsArchrival
    • Arlar
    Last edited by Petite.Kleptomania; 07-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Your pesterchum handle isPetiteKleptomania and you have a tendency to trail off...

AWESOME JACKET IS AWESOME Reality Glitch's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Re: Homestuck is my Favorite Anime: The Project

I'd like to join in on this.
    My signiture was last updated Jun. 2, 2013; check if you missed something....

Mage of Void TurnTechGeneticist's Avatar

I might try out for Dave, as I AM 13.

A pretty daunting task, I'd say. It's a good thing I know like 8 animators, 12 musicians, 20 writers, and a billion artists.
    Living in Austin kinda' comes with that.

Anyways, I can do music (the ending theme, at least. Anime opening themes are too flashy for me).
    I can also see if I can get people involved in this project.
    And while I know this project is very large, I do wish the best for it. Just think of how neat it would be.

Wiggler

this..

this is so ambitious

i love it.

feel free to use my various and awesome vocal talents :P

There's a Homestuck Voiceacting Troupe of the forums that I know would -love- to do stuff like this. Maybe you should contact them.

http://mspaforums.com/showthread.php...-still-open%29
    Last edited by Arsenicum; 05-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Spectacular idea! I might try out for some voices too. 0u0

Who is on the team right now?
    PRETEND THIS NEVER EXISTED OH GOD OKAY BYE

AWESOME JACKET IS AWESOME Reality Glitch's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Wow! I got this thead going.

I would like the role as either the narrator or the voice of one of the Exiles.
    My signiture was last updated Jun. 2, 2013; check if you missed something....

I know it'd be rather Far-fetched, but if you could get horizon to do the intro and/or outro, that would be spectacular.
    Also the episode could be from Here to Here. This includes dreambubbles, Doc Scratch, a deadly 3x showdown combo, and ends with Rose going grimdark. All that for maximum "what the garbage is going on" effect.
    Just a thought, though.
    I has a tumbl-tron.
    Chumhandle: culinaryTroubadour, and I tend to ---o eat my words. 3---

Mage of Magma

If only I had the skills necesary to help this, I am really looking forward to this. Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sucre View Post
    I know it'd be rather Far-fetched, but if you could get horizon to do the intro and/or outro, that would be spectacular.
    Also the episode could be from Here to Here. This includes dreambubbles, Doc Scratch, a deadly 3x showdown combo, and ends with Rose going grimdark. All that for maximum "what the garbage is going on" effect.
    Just a thought, though.
    I'll second this idea. Unfortunately I don't think I have any talents that could be useful for this project, but it sounds like an amazing idea.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Make sure that all the male characters get in a trap. No, the other definition.
    hello friends, i still exist.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

If doing a full episode ends up being too much work, might I suggest you dudes consider making an introduction / trailer for the hypothetical Homestuck anime as an alternative? You could even see about contacting some members of the Japanese translation team to whip up the lyrics to a theme song, which I think would be hella entertaining to witness. It would also be pretty fun to get to do quick animations of Homestuck characters engaging in various animu tropes (e.g. magical girl-style transformations of dreamselves into godtier forms, characters staring into the unknown as their hair and clothes billow in the wind, etc).
    Last edited by trueBug; 05-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.

I agree, a 20-minute episode is a huge undertaking for a fan project. Even the Rex Duodecim Angelus guys have had trouble coordinating all the art assets into one five-minute Flash. Are there any capable animators who are on board right now?

Also, if you do plan on making a full episode, then here is a fifteen-minute Touhou fanmade episode with voiceacting (from actual famous voiceactors), an opening, and professional-grade animation for reference:
    PRETEND THIS NEVER EXISTED OH GOD OKAY BYE

Hi guys! I'm with the original poster on this thread with organizing this project.

We're aware it's a MASSIVE and AMBITIOUS project to start up. We're also aware that there are a massive amount of talented people out there who are in this fandom, and that if we got everything sorted out nicely, it would not only be a fantastic joke to play on homestuck newcomers, it would also just be glorious in general.

What would be great right now would be for anyone who might be interested in helping to do a signal boost. For the time being, it's most important for us to assemble a group that would be willing to delegate responsibilities and organize tasks and different parts of the project.

Being involved in the delegation group (i guess we'd be production management?) wouldn't have to stop you from participating in other parts of the project, but this alone will be a pretty big responsibility, so we'd want people who are interested enough in the project to make a bit of a commitment! Please let me or petitekleptomania know if you'd want to be involved with this part in particular, and maybe we can get a group chat going on skype or something in the near future to get things sorted out.

That's a pretty impressive animation that you shared, ShadowofFate.

It's going to take a hell of a lot of effort and talent to do something like that, but maybe we can get close.
    As I said, I know a lot of people in art and animation that also read Homestuck. Maybe if we have enough talented people, we can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenicum View Post
    That's a pretty impressive animation that you shared, ShadowofFate.

It's going to take a hell of a lot of effort and talent to do something like that, but maybe we can get close.
    As I said, I know a lot of people in art and animation that also read Homestuck. Maybe if we have enough talented people, we can make it work.
    I think so too.

Would you be interested in being on the production management team?

Just sent you a PM, actually.

A pretty daunting task, I'd say. It's a good thing I know like 8 animators, 12 musicians, 20 writers, and a billion artists.
    Living in Austin kinda' comes with that.

Anyways, I can do music (the ending theme, at least. Anime opening themes are too flashy for me).
    I can also see if I can get people involved in this project.
    And while I know this project is very large, I do wish the best for it. Just think of how neat it would be.
    There's a Homestuck Voiceacting Troupe of the forums that I know would -love- to do stuff like this. Maybe you should contact them.

http://mspaforums.com/showthread.php...-still-open%29
    Awesome! If you can go recruit people, that'd be lovely. Also, would you be willing to do a rough draft of an ending theme? Or some samples of any previous work.
    As per the voice acting troupe... Unfortunately, one of the main actors in that troupe is the ex of Arlar/sentientSucrose, and so I'm not exactly sure how thrilled they would be to work with us. Especially since we've had a little bit of a rough time getting along lately, so it might not be the best idea. If anyone from their troupe wants to audition to work on the project, that'd be just great! But I'm not going to contact anyone directly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfFate View Post
    Who is on the team right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfFate View Post
    I agree, a 20-minute episode is a huge undertaking for a fan project. Even the Rex Duodecim Angelus guys have had trouble coordinating all the art assets into one five-minute Flash. Are there any capable animators who are on board right now?

Also, if you do plan on making a full episode, then here is a fifteen-minute Touhou fanmade episode with voiceacting (from actual famous voiceactors), an opening, and professional-grade animation for reference:
    As of right now, only Arlar and myself are on the team, since I only made the thread yesterday! Hahaha. But we're going to need a lot of people. And, yes, we're going to need capable animators, but unfortunately we don't have any yet, since... you know... we just barely started looking for people. So if you know anyone... get the word out!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Glitch View Post
    Wow! I got this thead going.

I would like the role as either the narrator or the voice of one of the Exiles.
    As per this, first we're going to need to figure out exactly what section of the comic we're going to focus on before we can start handing out parts. On another note, if you want to audition for something, start getting together an audition piece. I think the typical procedure is something of you reading some pester logs. If the character doesn't speak, find yourself a good monologue from a play. Preferably something humorous that you can work on a specific voice for.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sucre View Post
    Just a thought, though.
    Excellent idea for a section. Once we get some writers, we'll brainstorm a few different sections that each of us think would be a quality part of the comic to try for. And we're gonna see who we can get to be on the music team. Unfortunately it's gonna be a case of "Who can we wrangle into this mess."

Quote Originally Posted by trueBug View Post
    If doing a full episode ends up being too much work, might I suggest you dudes consider making an introduction / trailer for the hypothetical Homestuck anime as an alternative? You could even see about contacting some members of the Japanese translation team to whip up the lyrics to a theme song, which I think would be hella entertaining to witness. It would also be pretty fun to get to do quick animations of Homestuck characters engaging in various animu tropes (e.g. magical girl-style transformations of dreamselves into godtier forms, characters staring into the unknown as their hair and clothes billow in the wind, etc).
    This is also a good idea, should we fail in our grandiose attempt at such a huge project. We already think it would be HILARIOUS to have some sort of animu transformation sequence, so we'll have to see what we can do with that, either way.

Your pesterchum handle isPetiteKleptomania and you have a tendency to trail off...

If there's an "Animu" transformation sequence, I say it should be Aradia's god tier along with "Arisen Anew".

Because that's just awesome.

If there's an "Animu" transformation sequence, I say it should be Aradia's god tier along with "Arisen Anew".

Because that's just awesome.
    Hahaha, yeah, that'd be pretty awesome. A few other ideas for transformation sequences:

• Rose going Grimdark
    • Other God Tiers
    • Tavros into Rufio
    • Jack Noir going Bec Noir

This all depends on where we set the episode.

Okay, so we've got a bit of a production management team going. If anyone else is interested in that, do message us. Let's get this rolling asap!

I'd like to join! But I have a setback.
    I won't get a microphone (of very high quality) until The First week of July.
    That being said I'm in choir, though I may not play instruments; but I can write/sing fairly well, For the Opening/Ending or writing in general.
    Also I can voice a good amount of styles for characters.
    My main problem is the Microphone.

Main question: I am going to be able to make it for the date, or is it too far off?

We're going to have to see how we're doing time-wise by that point! I doubt we'll be completely finished by then, so we can see about an op/ending theme, for sure!

Audition dates will be posted once we can get that all figured out.

Is there anything else you'd be interested in doing?

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast