MSPA Forums
Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: HS♫4: Solo Zone

Re: homestuck music discussion thread four: someone's changing my thread title

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousOutsider View Post
    No, there will be a bunch more flashes

This is the point where Andrew starts using lisenced music
    It's official, from now on Homestuck will be a Glee style musical show. Next flash will just be Gamzee singing along to Surfin' Bird.

unpleasant misanthrope Music Team rj lake's Avatar

that's stupid

the next flash is obviously going to be a montage set to popular hit song jump, by kris kross

unpleasant misanthrope Music Team rj lake's Avatar

rj, what? that's stupid. the next flash is obviously going to be a montage set to hit song who let the dogs out, by baha men

Rogue of Mind mysteriousOutsider's Avatar

hmmm I'm gonna have to go with RJ on this one. It just fits better.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepperfan View Post
    Hmm, I'm trying to work out what Elevatorstuck reminds me of...

Right now I'm thinking it reminds me of Costa Del Sol from Final Fantasy VII... but I feel like there's something else....
    Any movie you’ve ever watched with an elevator scene has a 70-80% chance of playing (as elevator music) “The Girl from Ipanema”, or a close-sounding rip-off, or a cover version, or something else bossa-nova... and this song is so well known that you may have heard it (or something like it; Costa del Sol being one such example) elsewhere. One time I was sitting in a Starbucks for several hours (I was driving my mother to PT); that particular location had the song in their music loop.

If you wonder why you don’t really hear a lot of “muzak” in places like stores and elevators these days (I for one have never once heard elevator music in an actual elevator in my lifetime), it’s because people don’t like it. Though actually, it’s probably not that they don’t like the music, but its association of being used to cover up crappy service. The last holdout for it these days seems to be when you’re being made to wait on the phone.

In other words, there is probably not any one that it could be reminding you of. It’s more like it’s a part of a handful of genres that people keep trying to sweep under the rug. But it’s probably the guitar that does it.
    Philosophers are unsure; Godbert does not care.

I can't believe Hussie passed up the opportunity to finally use dESPER8O sPIDERCHAIRS
    Last edited by MyUsernamesMud; 04-18-2012 at 03:59 PM.

For the Hord- err, Swarm! Walliard's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Funny you should mention Costa del Sol in the context of Elevatorstuck:

http://tindeck.com/listen/gply

Eternity's Shyguy Music Team DragonXVI's Avatar

Oh yeah, Ruins

'Bout time!

<-- (Favourite HS track. In all of its incarnations.)

Also:

the creator of popular sonic the hedgehog fangames sonic thirdscape and sonic thirdscape 2
    Eww I did other things, that shall remain hidden. Most of it involved making a lot of music for other fangames and some brutal stepmania stuff. The rest is sekrit!
    http://www.scythe-studios.co.uk/PoseAsATeam.gif
    "Thirteen chimes on a Dead Man's Clock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock..."
    - Fumblr - Flitter

Hey, how much of your old stuff do you mind me posting anyway? Everything I have? None of it?
    Philosophers are unsure; Godbert does not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Walliard View Post
    Funny you should mention Costa del Sol in the context of Elevatorstuck:

http://tindeck.com/listen/gply
    WHY IS IT ONLY 1:32 LONG

unfair.

And yeah I suppose I was merely thinking of video game beach music and elevator tunes (including the classic Girl from Ipanema) in general. But it sure does a good job at tickling the familiarity part of the brain.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsernamesMud View Post
    did you ever notice how heir kind of sounds like air
    the music team should capitalize on this immediately
    I think that if there is ever a John+Jane teamup strife theme like spider8reath it should be called Jane Heir.

So Hussie says he doesn't want any "lame duck" albums, but how is he gonna do a flash with anything from MT&HK? Beta Version is the only song that could possibly be in a flash (and that's iffy) unless he can actually find a way to implement the amazing vocal songs in a flash somehow. Which I hope he does.
    Read Sandswept. It's a cool fan adventure and it's about Squiddles!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXVI View Post
    Eww I did other things, that shall remain hidden. Most of it involved making a lot of music for other fangames and some brutal stepmania stuff. The rest is sekrit!
    You made music for Sonic Time Attacked AND Sonic Robo Blast 2? Goddamn, those were some of my favorite fangames back in my early teen years. I had no idea your history extended so far.
    Last edited by Carbo; 04-18-2012 at 04:39 PM.

For the Hord- err, Swarm! Walliard's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude3445 View Post
    So Hussie says he doesn't want any "lame duck" albums, but how is he gonna do a flash with anything from MT&HK? Beta Version is the only song that could possibly be in a flash (and that's iffy) unless he can actually find a way to implement the amazing vocal songs in a flash somehow. Which I hope he does.
    Beta Version would totally fit the Land of P___ and Neon and The Deeper You Go could probably work for any dead planet. I'm wondering about Sburb, myself.
    Last edited by Walliard; 04-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.

I'm just dropping by to say that I think the overall quality of coloUrs and mayhem is far greater than that of other recent albums.

I speculate that discriminating by quality produced better results than merely having a dedicated music team and publishing everything they do indiscriminately. However, I could be wrong about the processes involved here, in which case my speculation is probably off base too.
    "We on Earth marvel, and rightfully so, at the daily return of our single sun. But from a planet orbiting a star in a distant globular cluster, a still more glorious dawn awaits. Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with 400 billion suns: the rising of the Milky Way." -Carl Sagan

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

You say that like everything that the music team posts gets in an album!
    This is very incorrect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    You say that like everything that the music team posts gets in an album!
    This is very incorrect!!!
    Oh, OK. I just kind of assumed because of tracks like "Null". As you might guess from my post count, I don't really interact with the community much, so I don't know how things actually work.
    "We on Earth marvel, and rightfully so, at the daily return of our single sun. But from a planet orbiting a star in a distant globular cluster, a still more glorious dawn awaits. Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with 400 billion suns: the rising of the Milky Way." -Carl Sagan

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Null isn't a track.

Edit: Oh that null
    i thought it was something else.
    durr hurr
    Last edited by Solaris; 04-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jatopian View Post
    Oh, OK. I just kind of assumed because of tracks like "Null". As you might guess from my post count, I don't really interact with the community much, so I don't know how things actually work.
    Song of Skaia isn't so much an album as it is more of an EP or a Single, a solo one at that. It's a conceptual piece with Null being it's intro which, alongside Skaian Birth, builds up for the centerpiece.

EDIT: Speaking of Song of Skaia, am I the only one imagining this being the only fitting track that revolves around one of the biggest portions of Homestuck and that hasn't been used that would work for a potential credits/ending flash? The Skaia anthem is one of the few very reoccurring, unused central themes that hasn't been used since Volume 1 and this seems to be the biggest one suited to close things off.
    Last edited by Carbo; 04-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I can imagine Skaian Birth being used for the Beta Kids replacing the Alpha Kids' battlefield with their own.
    You can find me elsewhere here!

I'll get you yet, Mega Man! superiorLlama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superiorLlama View Post
    -Clockstopper is probably my favorite, though if you were to ask me tomorrow I'd might end up changing my answer because I'm still a little indecisive on the issue.
    Okay, it's definitely Pale Rapture. It reminds me so much of World Without Words.

Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

I still maintain Beta Version or The Deeper You Go would both make excellent flashes.

I think "The Vast Glub" or "Orange Hat" would make excellent flashes

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Pretty much all of Universe B is good flash music, with few exceptions. Cyan Beast = Amazing Strife Theme
    Read Sandswept. It's a cool fan adventure and it's about Squiddles!

Pronouns
    [none]

I tried playing a non-HS friend "Clockstopper" but he asked me to turn it off because it was "too gay"

I just don't even

Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Bandages View Post
    I tried playing a non-HS friend "Clockstopper" but he asked me to turn it off because it was "too gay"

I just don't even
    SEVER SEVER SEVER

both for not liking clockstopper and for using "gay" as a pejorative term

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast