MSPA Forums
Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 2489

Thread: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

  1. #351
    Oh Snapple chezrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    house
    Pronouns
    thon
    Posts
    304

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFoster View Post
    Getting girlfriend to read Homestuck. Everyone cross your fingers.
    Fingers = crossed.

    Also I need some help: I already have some girl I kind of like (even though I broke up with my last one like 3 weeks ago). She is really into dub step. I kind of like it but not really a fan of it. I want to be honest with her, but I don't know if I should lie to keep the relationship going. Then again I should probably wait a bit until I get another girlfriend. Probably going to wait. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by chezrush; 05-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    please all the biatches stick to me like a magnet

    Also your pesterchum name would be swordKrack if your computer didnt spontaneously break. Avatar by gifmovie.tumblr.com

  2. #352
    DecidedlyDevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The hive mind
    Posts
    4,599

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Honestly, if not enjoying a certain type of music is automatic grounds of disqualification for the position of "significant other", she isn't really someone who'd be worth dating. If that sentence was too confusing, I'm saying be honest, and if she doesn't care she's a keeper and if it's a big deal then drop her like a sack of month-old potatoes.

  3. #353
    The Sylph of Sound Coalesce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of Song and Silence
    Posts
    125

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by chezrush View Post
    Also I need some help: I already have some girl I kind of like (even though I broke up with my last one like 3 weeks ago). She is really into dub step. I kind of like it but not really a fan of it. I want to be honest with her, but I don't know if I should lie to keep the relationship going. Then again I should probably wait a bit until I get another girlfriend. Probably going to wait. What do you guys think?
    Pretty much what DD said, if she likes Dubstep but acknowledges that other people don't like it and is fine with that, than it shouldn't be an issue. It'll give you something trivial to have fun arguing about without caring too much about who's right. Though, do give your friend's music a chance. I found my current favorite band by checking it out after arguing with my crush about it for months. Ya never know what you might find, and sometimes you'll surprise yourself by genuinely liking something!
    <(")

  4. #354
    razorknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    251

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    http://soundcloud.com/djcutman/the-legend-of-dubstep

    You might be pretty meh about Dubstep, but then again, I think I was, too, before I heard "The Legend of Dubstep."

    It's a mix of a bunch of artists who made videogame and anime themed dubstep.

    I think it's pretty great, but if you don't like it, then that's totally cool, too.

  5. #355
    Party Captain AdminGorg Drillgorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UM to the BC!
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    16,029

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFoster View Post
    Getting girlfriend to read Homestuck. Everyone cross your fingers.
    Read it with her! One of the first things my girlfriend and I bonded over was reading Homestuck together!


  6. #356
    blinky blinky knottedOdyssey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Land of Dog Food and Mountains
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drillgorg View Post
    Read it with her! One of the first things my girlfriend and I bonded over was reading Homestuck together!

    DRILLGORG THAT IS SUPER ADORABLE
    oh man i am falling down all these adorable stairs

    My Tumblr!


  7. #357
    Wiggler Arares's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spain: paella, toros, olé
    Posts
    5

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Okay, so. I'd like to tell about my situation, and see what you think. Because life is easier when you share your issues with strangers.

    The thing is, I have the weirdest relationship with sex. In that I don't enjoy it. I have a very... uhm, openminded background. My friends are very sexually diverse, and even some of those who now call themselves straight have paid a few visits to the other side of the road. When we were like 14 or 15 we sometimes played truth or dare, which was an excuse to engage in a comunal makeout session. But I guess some uf us went too far too soon and I couldn't take it.

    I never really enjoyed sex, alone or accompanied. It's like 'yeah, I guess it's nice, uh, shouldn't... something... be happening? Or something?'. The same goes for love, or really, any close emotional bonding. I have had some physical contacts over the years, a couple drunken makeout sessions with a female friend of mine, and the same with some boy so her friend would let me get under her umbrella. Also with alcohol involved. But my only real sexual contact has been with some dude some months ago, a mystic experience that didn't go very far and showed me that I'm not to be trusted with prophylactics when I'm drunk.

    The thing is, I don't let myself thing about it usually (well, except when I'm wasted), but sometimes I angst quite pathetically about the whole thing. It's been seven years since me and my friends made out for science!, and someday I'd like to get ovet this (and it's reached a point where I don't really mind what kind of genitalia my saviour has) and not angst anymore and no have issues.

    Well, thanks.

  8. #358
    Oh Snapple chezrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    house
    Pronouns
    thon
    Posts
    304

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arares View Post
    Okay, so. I'd like to tell about my situation, and see what you think. Because life is easier when you share your issues with strangers.

    The thing is, I have the weirdest relationship with sex. In that I don't enjoy it. I have a very... uhm, openminded background. My friends are very sexually diverse, and even some of those who now call themselves straight have paid a few visits to the other side of the road. When we were like 14 or 15 we sometimes played truth or dare, which was an excuse to engage in a comunal makeout session. But I guess some uf us went too far too soon and I couldn't take it.

    I never really enjoyed sex, alone or accompanied. It's like 'yeah, I guess it's nice, uh, shouldn't... something... be happening? Or something?'. The same goes for love, or really, any close emotional bonding. I have had some physical contacts over the years, a couple drunken makeout sessions with a female friend of mine, and the same with some boy so her friend would let me get under her umbrella. Also with alcohol involved. But my only real sexual contact has been with some dude some months ago, a mystic experience that didn't go very far and showed me that I'm not to be trusted with prophylactics when I'm drunk.

    The thing is, I don't let myself thing about it usually (well, except when I'm wasted), but sometimes I angst quite pathetically about the whole thing. It's been seven years since me and my friends made out for science!, and someday I'd like to get ovet this (and it's reached a point where I don't really mind what kind of genitalia my saviour has) and not angst anymore and no have issues.

    Well, thanks.
    I would reccomend getting close to someone first. Really really close. Also if that doesn't work, I would reccomend telling a psychiatrist. They might know what to do.
    please all the biatches stick to me like a magnet

    Also your pesterchum name would be swordKrack if your computer didnt spontaneously break. Avatar by gifmovie.tumblr.com

  9. #359
    immortal master of eagles kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,845

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Nobody ever said you had to like sex. Maybe you're just asexual? (though in some cases lack of arousal can be a medical symptom so it can't hurt to check with a doctor)

    But there's not necessarily anything wrong with you just because you don't like sex.

  10. #360
    White Mage of Mind AdurnaFricai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    It seems to me like your problem is a combination of a mammalian sex drive and bad reactions to social norms. Whether or not you're asexual, there is nothing wrong with not having sex. Heck, there's nothing wrong with not having sexual feelings or getting pleasure from any you have, and it doesn't make you asexual. The WORST thing to do here would be to get drunk more often so you can enjoy sexuality. Enjoyment while intoxicated is just your instincts as an animal, and pretty much meaningless when it comes to your personal sexuality.

    I'd say the best thing to do here is wait. Your situation at the moment seems to be stable and isn't causing big problems, so just wait for it to change. In the mean time, remember that there isn't actually anything weird about your situation, and in fact it's better than a lot of people. Seems to me like you just have one less stressor than the rest of us. If you're asexual, then your situation is how you'll be happiest. If not, then you've got a dormant source of pleasure just waiting to pop up and make you happy.


    Unrelated: I've decided that in stead of shunning words to describe myself, I'll make words up and change the meanings as I see fit. For the moment, I am of the Apathetic gender, oligaromantic, and... haven't figured out one for sexual preference, still waiting for hormones to calm down first
    waterBuddy on Pesterchum. http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.pnghttp://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...lCandyCorn.png
    Avi shop'd by me and student'd by аshdenej.

  11. #361
    The upside-down guy BewareOfNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    blue pants
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    I'm Apathetic too. My preferred pronoun is 'meh.'

    (Kidding about the pronoun thing, but still)

  12. #362
    everything ends Wiwaxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    246 million year stratigraphic gap
    Posts
    3,921

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by AdurnaFricai View Post
    oligaromantic
    Nice word.
    Little/scarce romantic attraction? (or am I getting my roots wrong?)


    I kinda want to go nuts with the Greco-Latin roots and make up my own words for my personal inclinations, now. But I fall pretty neatly and happily into existing categories, so it'd just be redundant.

  13. #363
    Page of Doom PaladinFoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    2,596

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drillgorg View Post
    Read it with her! One of the first things my girlfriend and I bonded over was reading Homestuck together!

    I should really find some time to do that, what with school not having wifi and all. Also I just puked a rainbow from that little bit in the spoiler.

  14. #364
    White Mage of Mind AdurnaFricai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    389

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by BewareOfNerd View Post
    I'm Apathetic too. My preferred pronoun is 'meh.'

    (Kidding about the pronoun thing, but still)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiwaxia View Post
    Nice word.
    Little/scarce romantic attraction? (or am I getting my roots wrong?)


    I kinda want to go nuts with the Greco-Latin roots and make up my own words for my personal inclinations, now. But I fall pretty neatly and happily into existing categories, so it'd just be redundant.
    Oh my, have I started a thing? Hm...
    Anyway, I chose apathetic because, while being male doesn't feel like a description of me, I'm too lazy to figure it out. I've pretty much always been called both sets of pronouns, because I have long hair, and I've never had a problem with it.
    Oligaromantic because I tend towards romantic attractions to groups rather than individuals. Long story, but I'm sorta in platonic love with like several dozen people from a specific group.

    Drillgorg, is adorable the right word for someone like twice your age? Because that post was adorable.
    waterBuddy on Pesterchum. http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.pnghttp://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...lCandyCorn.png
    Avi shop'd by me and student'd by аshdenej.

  15. #365
    Oh Snapple chezrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    house
    Pronouns
    thon
    Posts
    304

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by razorknight View Post
    http://soundcloud.com/djcutman/the-legend-of-dubstep

    You might be pretty meh about Dubstep, but then again, I think I was, too, before I heard "The Legend of Dubstep."

    It's a mix of a bunch of artists who made videogame and anime themed dubstep.

    I think it's pretty great, but if you don't like it, then that's totally cool, too.
    Woah. That's actually really cool. But I decided to take a break. She apparently already had a crush on some other guy anyways.
    please all the biatches stick to me like a magnet

    Also your pesterchum name would be swordKrack if your computer didnt spontaneously break. Avatar by gifmovie.tumblr.com

  16. #366

  17. #367
    Rock and Roll Dan Admin Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Out of style for Broadway
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    8,098

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drillgorg View Post
    Oh deffos PF, if someone asks you out and you don't have anything better going on and you don't hate them, you should go for it!

    Here, I'll describe how I got together with my first girlfriend because it's vaguely similar:

    I wish real life was like Cucumber Quest and we were all named after foods and stuff

  18. #368
    Party Captain AdminGorg Drillgorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UM to the BC!
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    16,029

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Avi I hadn't actually noticed until now that I was almost following a Cucumber Quest naming motif there, maybe it was my subconscious telling me to get caught back up on CQ?

  19. #369
    Out of mana Bandages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Pronouns
    [none]
    Posts
    9,757

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Maybe you were just hungry?

  20. #370
    Once in a blue moon Miraculous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    2,378

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    So, my boyfriend and I had sex today and it got me wondering about the male orgasm. Details in the spoilers because man-on-man action is simply way too hot.


  21. #371
    Out of mana Bandages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Pronouns
    [none]
    Posts
    9,757

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    well I can't speak too intimately about my knowledge of male orgasm, but I do know it has a lot to do with muscle tension. If it took you longer, your muscles may have been more tense or more developed hence the high flying soldiers

    it also explains why you can control a male orgasm by remembering to breathe regularly and relax anything that starts to tense. fun fact: if you want to come fast, just take deep breaths and hold them. I think it comes naturally, but it'll produce much quicker results :I

  22. #372
    DecidedlyDevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The hive mind
    Posts
    4,599

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Orgasm is about tension and stress. The more stress there is on you physically and mentally, the easier it will be for you to orgasm. If you are too stressed, you get things like ED and premature ejaculation.

    As for "shooting range" well everybody's comes out at different speeds. Though I have noticed that when I'm receiving stimulation from others it's a lot farther than when I'm doing it myself. What controls this are your kegel muscles. The stronger they are the easier it is to hold fluids down, making them propel farther and faster when you let it go, or slower when you gain real control of them. To locate them and figure out how to flex 'em, the next time you pee, stop your flow for 5 seconds and then let go, and then stop again and let go again. Those are your kegel muscles. To exercise em, just flex them as if you were peeing and do it until you feel like stopping. You can do it anywhere since it's not really a noticeable exercise. If you get them strong you can control your semen flow, so you can cum later or earlier or orgasm multiple times!

  23. #373
    Page of Doom PaladinFoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    2,596

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    This Saturday will be my me and my girlfriend's second date. I told my parents about us dating separately, and I noticed the two reacted slightly differently. My father congratulated me in a manner almost as if I were one of his friends, though was decidedly less vulgar about it, then gave me a few tips. My mother predictably got a little sentimental and asked all kinds of questions about my girlfriend. Sure, my dad did too, but my mother seemed more keen on knowing her and even requested to meet her if we decide to go on a third date. This is shaping up to be a terrific relationship so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by DecidedlyDevious View Post
    Orgasm is about tension and stress. The more stress there is on you physically and mentally, the easier it will be for you to orgasm. If you are too stressed, you get things like ED and premature ejaculation.

    As for "shooting range" well everybody's comes out at different speeds. Though I have noticed that when I'm receiving stimulation from others it's a lot farther than when I'm doing it myself. What controls this are your kegel muscles. The stronger they are the easier it is to hold fluids down, making them propel farther and faster when you let it go, or slower when you gain real control of them. To locate them and figure out how to flex 'em, the next time you pee, stop your flow for 5 seconds and then let go, and then stop again and let go again. Those are your kegel muscles. To exercise em, just flex them as if you were peeing and do it until you feel like stopping. You can do it anywhere since it's not really a noticeable exercise. If you get them strong you can control your semen flow, so you can cum later or earlier or orgasm multiple times!
    Why does this sound like it came from a sexy version of that life hacker website? Thanks for sharing.

  24. #374

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    Alright, never thought i'd be coming to this thread due to my non existent social life, but here we are.

    A month ago, April 1st to be precise, I met a lovely dame at a con I attended. I actually wasn't even looking for a special someone at the time, I just wanted to gather up a bunch of homestuckers and sing the "When you see a nice girl" Homestuck song with everyone! But skipping that day, we've known each other for a month now and we're basically the gender flipped version of each other. Obviously not 100%, more like 80%. But regardless, we are extremely compatible and love each other dearly.

    Problem is, she has Polyamory/is Polyamorous or however you spell it. Basically what it means, is that she can't just love one person at a time, it has to be everyone she loves at the same time. Which to my knowledge is me, an old friend of hers, and a fellow she just told me about today. This fellow shall be named C henceforth.

    This morning, she told me that during the past month of April, she'd fallen in love with not only me but C as well. Obviously i'm hurt about it, but I told her that I was okay with her being in love with C. Except i'm not. I know that nowadays, relationships are much more complex than the simple two person love equation. But it still bothers me that i'm not the center of her attention, I feel as if i'm just another guy.

    I told her how I felt, and she assured me that she loved me from the bottom of her heart, but I still can't fully believe her on the matter.

    I love her deeply, and that's why I told her what I did, but I just can't get that nauseous feeling out of my heart. I feel like i'll eventually fade out of her life without making any difference in her life.

    I really don't know where i'm trying to go with this, i'm just really confused @-@ I've dealt with betrayal before, but this isn't quite it, since I gave her my consent.Though i'm pretty sure even if I told her I didn't want her to love C, it wouldn't really stop her from doing so.

    I'm sorry for wasting everyones precious friday night time to read this

  25. #375
    Out of mana Bandages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Pronouns
    [none]
    Posts
    9,757

    Re: Sex Ed Thread Six (Sex, Gender, and Relationship Q&A)

    If someone's lifestyle makes you uncomfortable, and it is something that they are fully in their right to believe, then it might be best for you to seek romantic fulfillment elsewhere. This girl is actually being quite fair to you in letting you know forthright that she cannot love just one person. The alternative would be either harboring feelings for many people while being with one and being consumed with guilt, or effectively emotionally or physically cheating on their partner.

    By letting you know her stance and how she is, she is giving you the information you need to make your own decision. Can you be with a polyamorous person? Clearly it makes you unhappy, so perhaps its just not in the cards.. You've known her for a month, which is not enough time to intimately get to know a person. A lot of things that seem rosy now and oh how happy she makes you might not do it for you in a few months. Especially the constant nagging fear that she's thinking of/being with someone else.

    I'd move on if I were in the shoes you have described yourself wearing. Stay friends, if you want, but you can probably assume you will always be attracted to her loving and accepting personality.

    That's my precious friday advice : p

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •