Homestuck TCG is a card game that I made up bsaed on Homestuck! I've spent the past few days typing up the rule-manual and have been developing cards for the game. I hope that a lot of you guys read the lengthly rules and learn to play. In the future, I plan to post of the cards for printing for those of you that want to print-and-play. I've also made a 2x1ft two-player mat that I will be posting sometime in the near future
THE GAME WAS CREATED PURELY FOR FUN AND I DON'T PLAN TO PROFIT OFF OF THIS
If you guys have any questions about the game, any updates, or just have recommendations for cards, feel free to say so!
These are just things I may have changed or forgotten to mention in the Rule Manual
1. Four copies of a card to a deck. Doesn't matter which card or which deck; only 4
2. Grit counter attacks are NOT affected by defense. A grit of 15 will always deal 15 damage
3. It now takes 10 grit to reduce moxy by 1. I changed this from 5 becasue it seemed like moxy wasn't helpful at 5.
4. Matesprit effects affect the other character. If Char1 and Char2 are in a matespritship, Char2 will get Char1's effect and Char1 will get Char2's effect
5. There has been addition of Weapon-Types, Race, and World to the Characters. These are just used to add further specification and will be referenced in effects.
6. A new system for alchemization will be used. Instead of needing specific cards, each item will have a list of attributes. Epic Items have a list of attributes needed to create it.
7. A different system for God Tiering is being used. Instead of Random GTing, it requires the need of the event "Quest Bed" during death.
8. Status ailments are being determined through dice rolls instead of coin flips. To inflict a status ailment, your dice roll must be higher than the defending character's moxy.
Look At What We're Working On
Here you can check out what we're working on! They are constantly changing every night, so you should check every night as well!
Things Important To The Art Team
Currently, the art team consists of:
- Invader-Mem (DeviantArt)
- Peeka13 (DeviantArt)
- Wonky Krystol (Tumblr)
- Crownkind (DeviantArt | Tumblr)
- rainbowAstronomer (Photobucket)
- Elanor Pam (DeviantArt | Tumblr)
- magneticSkye (DeviantArt | Tumblr)
For basis on who has to draw what, just check here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UUVdxNVE#gid=0
If you want to claim a specific card, just pm me what you want, and I'll edit it into the spreadsheet.
Guidelines on a Card Image
For a Basic Char, Basic Equipment, Event, or Minion, the size must be 800 x 600 pixels. Characters can just be drawn in any pose seen fit. It's okay for them to have items/weapons. For events, just try and capture the scene that you think the event would look like (check "He is Already Here").
For an Epic Char, Epic Equipment, or End-Boss, the size must be 800 x 1200 pixels.
I would prefer to have a background on every image to be used if possible.
Try to make every image in RGB for now. A copy in CMYK would also be useful.
Signatures are allowed in the art, but please try not to include any other text unless it is pertinent to the image.
The Design & Concept Team
The Design & Concept team is in charge of making sure that effects are balanced/helpful/interesting/etc. It is also in charge of gameplay mechanics. Anyone can suggest ideas, but only we will be able to approve or deny the idea.
Right now, we consist of: