MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate God Tier Title Test

Talking The Ultimate God Tier Title Test

Hey everyone, I've been working on the Ultimate God Tier title test. With 20 Titles and 100 different aspects!

(That's 8 custom titles and 88 custom aspects)

I've got the quiz itself sorted, I'm just needing help with the art. I can handle drawing the hero modes, I just need help with the recolouring, perhaps I could get some help? No need to worry about the logos I can handle that. Anyway, this is some stuff I have so far.

GOD TIER ASPECTS
    I have 49 drawn and 57 planned out. The ones not there but planned are: Want, Need, Pain, Sleep, Thrill, Keys, Zen, Tears. Piss, Lips and Mail are not serious aspects and won't be included in the quiz.

Warning: Huge image

HERO MODE IMAGES
    I'm redrawing all of the canon designs, as a lot of them don't match proportionately, and will be making male and female versions for non gender exclusive classes. I will be making my own assumptions for Page, Mage, Sylph and Rogue. Though may take influence for some from http://zynwolf.deviantart.com/art/Ho...ects-289351342, with permission of course.
    Below are canon aspect Mage's by my own design. A Male mage.

Here is an example of a female Mage.

So that means 100 possible aspects for every male and female of each possible Title. A lot of recolouring! I cannae do this alone!

I've sorted Male Mage's so far, below are Mages of Shade, Trust and Fate

As for completed hero modes, I've only began recently, but will update as I do more. I have made Male/Female Mages, Female Seer, Male Heir, Lurk (female only) and a Male thief.

The extra Titles have been solidified.

MALE EXCLUSIVE: Lord, Duke
    MAINLY MALE: Monk, Guard
    MAINLY FEMALE: Scout, Knave
    FEMALE EXCLUSIVE: Lurk, Priest

Lord - Duke
    Dukes and Lords both want one thing. Power. Lords naturally will begin using their aspect with ease very fast, but it
    takes a while to understand it, causing them to become uncontrollable, a Lord is one "who controls X to gain power"
    where a Duke understands their aspect but doesn't learn to use it for a while. A Duke is someone "who understands X to
    gain power" as the more passive role. Duke's and Lords will often fight. Be warned if there are 2 on your team.

Monk - Guard
    These classes deal in taking damage. A Monk will "Invite damage through X" or "Invite damage with X" whilst a Guard
    playing the Active+ role will "Put themselves in X's way" to protect their team. These two classes are very big on
    Defense.

Scout - Knave
    Scouts and Knaves are information retrievers. A Knave being the active player "Seeks out information using X" to give
    themselves the upper edge, the more passive Scout "seeks out information on X" to help benefit their team. Both these
    players must be stealthy.

Lurk - Priest
    These two classes both deal with Stealth. A Lurk being more active, will attack fast and strong, being
    "assisted in stealth by X" to deliver damage, a Priest would be "assist in stealth with X" to help benefit her team."
    Both these classes can travel fast and hide well.

(I am thinking of trading Priest for Guide and change it up a bit as we already have Monk.)

Anyway, that's what I'm working on, I hope I can get some other people on board to help!

Mido out~!

Planning on Aspects (will complete this later)

SENSE

The ability of the 5 senses, Thieves of Sense can ehance their own senses by taking them from other people, whereas
    a Seer of Sense could see the future somewhat of things they touch/taste/smell/hear/see. Sense players all differ
    somewhat, as one sense player could be based around smell, where another is based around taste.

DEATH

The hero of Death has powers that manipulate around death, but also change. A prince of death can defend themself
    from death but can only kill indirectly, a passive way to be active, thus destroying death. A Seer of death could
    forsee not exactly death, but great changes in the future.

GROUND

Ground players are the only tier who can't fly, though they make up for it with being physically stronger, no matter
    the title. Making this an active aspect. Knights of Ground could manipulate the ground beneath them as a weapon to
    protect their team, whilst a Rogue of Ground could detect and steal valuable things from underneath the surface to help
    benefit their team.

63 of Me Destruction Dragon 360's Avatar

Re: The Ultimate God Tier Title Test

Okay, while I think some of the aspects are somewhat superfluous and possibly a bit too literal, I think this is all completely AMAZING. And also, your Hate Aspect design is much more professional then the one I had designed.
    DANI IS THE COOLEST AND SO IS CANDY CORN http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2a5hf7.png

Yeah, many will be kind of lame and some will be similar, but I'm trying for 100 solid god tier aspects. Unless everyone thinks it should be 50?

I think 50 would simply be more realistic. Plus it covers the hypothetical 48-Player Squiddle session that supposedly spawned the Troll's universe, so gunning for anything more is pushing the barrier into absurdity. Unless you think of an aspect that really strikes your fancy without being too redundant, 50's a good stopping point.
    DANI IS THE COOLEST AND SO IS CANDY CORN http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...rCandyCorn.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2a5hf7.png

I think that helps a lot actually. I'll figure out which are a good solid 50. Thanks!

Well, for starters, Luck is pretty redundant in regards to Light affiliation to Fortune and Fortune attributing to probability, and therefore Luck, so that one should probably get nicked.

Joy, Star and Force are looking pretty weak too

Just a wolfram, call me Wess. Wessolf27's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Hrm... going to go through with looking at the aspects. Sorry if it might be a tad harsh.

Since Soul is tied to the aspect of Heart, that might be too redundant as well.

Not sure about Fate, but it could be tied to Doom. Though that's still up in the air, and Death seems to be tied with Doom as well.

Health is redundant with the Life aspect. Shape and Form are redundant to either, unless there's something that differentiates them

Well, Star might imply direction, but it seems to share aspects from both Light and Hope, so I guess there's a reason for it looking rather flimsy.

Faith seems to be redundant with Hope, but again, it's up in the air, along with that, it's already similar to Trust.

Friends, Aid, and Hate seem to just be there for the shipping quadrants... and they're kinda redundant with some aspects, especially as they could be tied to Blood, but that's still unsure.

Tech could be a lot more general, like perhaps it could be something like "Art" or "Craft" but that might make them similar to "Shape/Form" or "Toil" respectively, unless you've got a good idea on how this could go.

Sound and Song seem similar, but they can be different, though it depends on how you differentiate them.

Erm... could you elaborate on Night, Dusk, Dawn and Day? They seem to be variations on Light or some other form.

Other than that, that's about it. If you're not happy about the ideas, feel free to ignore what's been written here.

Toil, at least the way i say it, is two syllables also and woudn't be an aspect choice... (Toy-il...) Work, Strife, Pain, either might be a good replacmenet depending on what you are wanting to go for with "toil"

Pronouns
    he/him/his

This looks really great.
    Also, I made a couple of Hero modes since you said you needed help.
    - Heir of Form - Heir of Tech
    Sigquote Collection

I'd just like to say that while Hate may seem to be just a 'Shoehorn the quadrants in' Aspect, I think it has some real premise, which can honestly be said more of than Friends.

I like Hate and think that as far as Aspects go that it is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by myu2k2 View Post
    Toil, at least the way i say it, is two syllables also and woudn't be an aspect choice... (Toy-il...) Work, Strife, Pain, either might be a good replacmenet depending on what you are wanting to go for with "toil"
    Toil is officially only one syllable, though. I think it fits very nicely.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction Dragon 360 View Post
    I'd just like to say that while Hate may seem to be just a 'Shoehorn the quadrants in' Aspect, I think it has some real premise, which can honestly be said more of than Friends.

I like Hate and think that as far as Aspects go that it is a winner.
    Probably, but note that Hate is kinda obvious and either Heart or Blood can fill the same roles that "Hate" does depending on the class that those two aspects are coupled with, along with that, Hate is... sorta singular in idea compared to most of the other aspects in that... well, what would you think could be a secondary aspect of Hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wessolf27 View Post
    Probably, but note that Hate is kinda obvious and either Heart or Blood can fill the same roles that "Hate" does depending on the class that those two aspects are coupled with, along with that, Hate is... sorta singular in idea compared to most of the other aspects in that... well, what would you think could be a secondary aspect of Hate?
    Fear. That which is feared is either hated or respected. Or both. Fear could apply to the more abstract titles.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction Dragon 360 View Post
    Fear. That which is feared is either hated or respected. Or both. Fear could apply to the more abstract titles.
    Hrm... well, it's just me, but that seems to cover what Rage already does in one way or another. True, it might be vague, but it seems more likely and it seems to cover similar ground anyway.

Don't worry, hate works it's own angle very nicely. I've knocked the aspects down to 34. So I need 4 new ones, since I became very strict in what's good and what isn't.

Any suggestions?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

So I thought it might be a good idea to think about what each aspect could mean, there's a lot to think about and perhaps this can make a bit of sense.

Form could actually be something like "Technique" or "Shape" so I guess there is a chance for it to mean "Ingenuity" or "Art", it might probably involve the idea of "Transformation"

If we go by Ore, maybe we can also add in ideas such as "Reflection", "Steadfastness", "Durability", "Resilience"

Toil can mean "Work" or "Craft", it shares the same connotations as Time and Blood in the notion of "Sacrifice" however, but does so in a different way, it might also have ideas such as "Exhaustion" which may or may not be similar to how Princes and Bards operate.

Stream from the looks of it seems to be very water-oriented, it seems to be related to "Current" and "Direction", and if we go by the symbolism in water "Versatility", "Adaptation" and a bit of "Life" actually, a lot of the element-related aspects seem to cover some sense of "Life" including "Breath"

Change... well, not sure about it. Because Breath MIGHT have it included in itself, but that might not be a sure idea.

Flesh and Sense might actually be one aspect, though... it might deal with some sort of physical aspect.

Depth might also be considered to be "Reflection", "Darkness", "Mystery", "Character"

From the looks of things, Mind seems to be getting more and more closer to the idea of "Choice" as well as being able to sense the repercussions of said Choice. It might also be that the aspect of Mind also accounts for the manner of how the user of the aspect, as well as those around him think and act, so Mind in some way also refers to "Direction"

"Law" seems to connote Justice, but I'm sorta iffy about the idea. Since if we concentrate on solely the idea of law, it is simply the rules that govern the world around them, and laws are usually only there to serve as a means to protect a certain value. However, since Law can also mean "Natural Laws" and "Game Laws" I can see it as being a very powerful aspect in that it enables the manipulation of reality.

"Keys" is something that had been discussed for a while, well, in my group of friends, and what we came up with was that it allows "Access" and "Access" can mean "access to anything", perhaps even access to things that are normally unable to be accessed.

Zen... well, it definitely means "Balance" but it can also mean "Negation" and "Starting Over" the idea in Zen Bhuddism is the concept of "Nothingness" but that doesn't mean "Nihilism" just the idea that a mediation on "Nothingness" can achieve... some form of enlightenment. I'm not sure what though. But I guess we can say that Zen could be the negate almost anything.

Wealth is definitely "Accumulation", "Excess", "Luxury", it might be related to "Luck", but I guess depending on the class, it might mean that the person who has the aspect of wealth would have an "Excess/Plenitude of something" and such might also mean that it has the capacity of "Donating something (could be anything)" or the "Accumulation of something (from others)" It seems to be a very give-and-take aspect. "Want" might be closer to this than anything.

"Need" is also similar, but it seems more like a sort of "Necessity" as in a "Need to do something" so it can mean "Requirement" or "Urgency" because of its qualities.

Loss might be related closely to Void and Zen, in that it seems to be the loss of something, but it does not necessarily mean that Loss can't mean the loss of a negating aspect such as Zen or Void. So, it could also mean that Loss applied to Zen would mean a loss of the ability to negate, or the loss of a certain kind of enlightenment, or other such things.

Word is "Language" and "Language" has a certain amount of power. It could also mean "Contract" but that would mean that "Law" is related to it. Because it can be used as "I gave my word" and that binds the person to fulfill something. It may also connote "Knowledge" so it shares aspects with "Light" and "Mind" in that regard.

Blaze is certainly "Passion" and very fire-related, but it could also mean "Consumption", "Destruction" and "Metabolism" judging from the aspects of Fire. It connotes "Energy" and "Light" as well, but perhaps a more physical light than the "Light" aspect, For some reason though, I could also see Blaze in terms of "Entropy"... maybe it would be better to rename "Blaze" as "Heat"?

Ground connotes a sense of "Stability" and "Grounding" (like say, Moral Fibre), by sharing the aspects of "Earth" it could also mean "Stubbornness" the refusal to change (So it could be "Tradition" or "Keeping of Old ways"), "Age" (so it has a sense of immortality like Time does), and perhaps "Variety" rather than Stream's "Versatility".

Sleep might be related to Dreams, actually... I'm not sure what the Dream aspect might connote. A better sense of one's Dreamself? A better relation with their Dream-home? They both deal with the "Subconscious" so perhaps, it might also deal with "Instinct" and "Inner Desire" but those seem to be closer to "Dream" than "Sleep"

Tears seem to use water in a different manner than Stream because of its emotional qualities. Sadness would connote "Depression" and "Disturbance" and it's probable that "Tear" might be this, but they could probably also mean "Any intense emotion" such as Joy, Anger or Fear because we can cry during those states. Though... with aspects such as "Heart" and "Blood" it might be somewhat up in the air.

Storm connotes "Strength" and "Turbulence/Disturbance", being Lightning-based, it could also mean "Divinity" (punishment of the gods), "Heaven", perhaps the "Destructive quality of the Apocalypse" (Very unlikely, but it's there), It could also mean "Speed", "Technology" and "Modernity", "the Eschewing of Old traditions for the new"

Shade really has a lot of qualities that "Void" already has... so does "Faith" and "Trust" for "Hope", perhaps "Fear" for "Rage", "Might" with "Force", "Soul" for "Heart", and probably a few others... though this has already been said.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Moldova in Eurovision 2011 View Post
    ooh

blades
    for reliability, loyalty, and violence
    Also, Wit and Sharpness.

piss?

what powers does that imply? o_o

Land of Cranberries and Nothing Happens Here
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I read the title as "The Ultimate God Tier Taste Test".
    Ask the PvZ Plants here

Quote Originally Posted by PriffyViole View Post
    I read the title as "The Ultimate God Tier Taste Test".
    Terezi as a Fashion consultant deadset on licking all new color palettes to ensure their quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast