MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quirk Assist: Type like a troll, Anywhere. [v 1.4.1]

2ollux iin traiiniing TownEater's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Talking Quirk Assist: Type like a troll, Anywhere. [v 1.4.1]

Quirk Assist

This, is Quirk Assist. What it does is it uses macro scripts to rearrange what keys do what, making it so that you can type like a troll, ANYWHERE you want. As long as the script is running, it effects your entire computer, not just a single program. So that means no more copy paste, or painstakingly typing the quirk yourself. Just type away and there it is.

A few notes: its called Quirk ASSIST for a reason. There is still a lot you have to do on your own, but TONS of the grunt work of a quirk is taken care of. Some quirks still need work, but using the quirk editor you can do this, for example, adding in puns you use a lot.

TO USE PREFIXES(aka :33 <) : Press "Control" to place one there immediately. Pressing "Enter" will also place a new one, ready for you to use.

QUICK SWITCH: This is a system that will allow you to select up to 4 quirks and switch between them with a button, for easy access to multiple quirks without having to load up a different one each time. Each time you shut down the program, these will be cleared, and you will have to enter them again. To use these, simply press the F9-F12 keys, each one is a shortcut. The first time you press it, you will have to assign which file that key loads, then to quick switch, just press it. To change the buttons quick switch assignment, just hold shift and press that shortcut key, and you will again be prompted for what quirk that button will switch to. Also, pressing F3 will switch to default.

As of right now, To my knowledge, this only works on windows. I'm working on getting it to work elsewhere, but there is only so much I can do. HOWEVER, there may be something you can do. It is possible to run windows programs on other operating systems, but it's tricky. Look into an emulator(I'd use WINE) and see if you can get it running. If anyone does get this to work, PLEASE post about it, so others can too! Now, the download link is below!

Most Recent:
    VERSION 1.4.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ye...sist_1.4.1.zip

Change log:

Older:
    VERSION 1.3.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad...sist_1.3.2.zip
    VERSION 1.3.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k4...sist_1.3.1.zip
    VERSION 1.3.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xn...sist_1.3.0.zip
    VERSION 1.2.6: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt...sist_1.2.6.zip
    VERSION 1.2.5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hq...sist_1.2.5.zip

My development blog for all of my projects(including Quirk Assist) can be found here:towndev.tumblr.com
    Last edited by TownEater; 05-30-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Re: Quirk Assist: Type like a troll, Anywhere.

Nepeta's quirk doesn't work right, if I type "seems", it comes out as "se3ms", rather than s33ms. instead of having the second e be replaced with "3", having it replaced with "[backspace]33" should work instead.
    D--> a1s0, Equius d0es n0t rep1ace a11 0f his L's and O's, he only replaces "loo" and homonyms thereof.

An additional option to consider, is a way to make custom quirks, a la Pesterchum.
    I'm not good at putting things into words, so lets hear from some people who are:

Land of Bagels and mom stop reading this.

Kanaya's quirk also has a bug, but it's really hard to explain. If you make a typo and you only delete the word and not the space behind it as well, the quirk doesn't apply to that word. For example: "I Nade A Typo" comes out as "I made A Typo" if you don't delete the space in front of "I." If you do delete the space, it works fine.

Also when you press enter it doesn't apply it to the first word, like:
    So Here Is Where The Quirk Started
    and Then It Goes Like This
    ba Dum Tssss
    rose Its Time To Take The Cookies Out Of The Oven

I have a suggestion for Vriska's 8 puns. Maybe you could make a list of commonly used words that have the "eight" sound in them, like "hate" or "obliterate," and program it so that it automatically makes those words become "h8" and "obliter8." Maybe you can use this for Feferi and Eridan's fish puns as well?

Sollux uses two instead of to

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Thanks for the feedback guys! and alot of these things can be fixed, but for puns like h8, or too into two, i'll have to do some more advanced coding. But i'm working on all of it!

An additional thing: it needs an option to turn the quirks off without having to close it out.
    I'm not good at putting things into words, so lets hear from some people who are:

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Sorry I haven't really had the chance to work on it, my life has been rather busy lately, and I haven't gotten around to working on some update. As I've used it and seen others use it, I see mistakes i made that need to be fixed, but many of those problems need a lot of time and coding to fix. I'll get on it as soon as I can, and hopefully I'll have an update for you soon!

I've Gound That Even When Closed, It Seems To Degault To This. It's Really Just Too Much Trouble To Correct, So I Think I'm Going To Have To Get Rid Og It Completely. I'll Redownload The Next Version.

Land of Bagels and mom stop reading this.

Have you checked your f key the way you are closing the window? It says specifically in the first post that you have to exit it by clicking on the close button at the bottom, not just by clicking the red 'X' in the top-right corner. If you've exited it correctly, then it'll give you a little pop-up saying, "Goodbye!"
    Last edited by Emeraldis; 04-11-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldis View Post
    Have you checked your f key the way you are closing the window? It says specifically in the first post that you have to exit it by clicking on the close button at the bottom, not just by clicking the red 'X' in the top-right corner. If you've exited it correctly, then it'll give you a little pop-up saying, "Goodbye!"
    It had the popup. I only ever closed it with the close button at the bottom. But it kept sticking on it, even when closed.

Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

4CTU4LLY, 1T R3PL4C3S F W1TH G FOR K4N4Y4 FOR M3 TOO.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Oh dang.... That replace f with g thing is a slip up in the code, It will be fixed in the next update, which will get done when I have time to get around to that, I have a lot of projects on my plate right now... If you guys want though, I could do a small patch, Just to fix the major bugs like that, no major new features, just bug fixes. thoughts?

pretty cool little program. definitely going to make my life more intresting.
    Your trolltag is indirectlyDivine and you tend to speak in a manner that is fairly eloquen7 and usually 7o 7he poin7...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

So, is there any desire from anyone for me to keep working on quirk assist? If enough people use it, and want it improved, I'll invest some effort. But I have to know there's people out there using it, and I'm not just screaming code at a glowing wall for no reason...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Alright, I worked for a while, and now there is an updated version for you guys. Give me feedback and bugs!

(I've thought of a lot of ways I could overhaul this code that would make it much better, if I'm motivated enough I could make this %1000 better)

Quote Originally Posted by TownEater View Post
    (I've thought of a lot of ways I could overhaul this code that would make it much better, if I'm motivated enough I could make this %1000 better)
    this is already very good, but by all means, please do so. at 1000% better i'd expect my computer to transcend space and time to bind an actual troll to do my typing for me, at the speed of thought, while baking cookies. and it shall be glorious.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I still have a bunch of other projects, But I'll be trying to get to it when I can. I just really hope you guys don't forget about it in the time it will take, I know the first update took forever XD

I just found out: Having quirk assist running prevents you from playing any game in which you need to hold a key to do something, even if it's set to "none"

This is pretty neat, a small idea would be to make it so all of Tavros's basic (smiley/frowny faces with D's and parenthesis) emotes are automatically given horns.
    Last edited by Kirsten7767; 07-06-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Ok, I just want to let everyone know I've been working on a massive update, completely re-writing the code. If all goes well, new features like custom quirks will be available, as well as a simpler, better laid out interphase. I don't know when it will be done, but I'm just stating that I'm trying to get it out there.

Just passing to say thank you so much for you hard work! My friends and I use this all the time. I was hoping to do some simple work in the code myself, but I couldn't find which language you are using. I'm getting off track point is thank you!

Thief of Form cannabalisticJusticar's Avatar

I BELIEVE IN YOU TOWNEATER!
    If you get that custom quirk code working EVERYONE WILL USE IT.
    Skeet!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Sploadie: AutoHotKey, or AHK. It's a macro language.

And sorry for being inactive. Life, what are you gonna do?

Guess I'll go do some coding now :P

Pronouns
    he/him/his

An update is just over the horizon... But I need to decide if I want to include a program that would let you edit your quirk without you having to directly edit the file for it... It would make it more user friendly, but a bigger headache for me XD

Norton thinks this is a virus that is going to mercilessly ravage my computer. What do I do to make it see reason?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast