Stanley Palizzo and The Big Score - GAME OVER - Flight of the Campaign Bus
WELCOME TO A NEWBIE MAFIA GAME. SOLARIS WILL PROVIDE THE FLAVOR THIS LOVELY EVENING AND HIS WORD IS LAW IN THIS THREAD.
Here there be rules, stolen from mirdini after I slipped something into his drink:
1. Massclaims are not advised. They will not help, and they will be kind of unfun, so don't do it. This is still not copy-pasted without regard to it, I will be takin' quoteprecautions.
2. Days will be up to 120 hours (5 days) long. Nights will be NO MORE than 48 hours (hah, yeah right) - if all actions are in, day will start early (and will still end at whatever time it decides to end at.)
3. When voting, remember to bold your votes! You do NOT need to specify unvotes, as I will be using MY BRAIN. Deadline votes are not a thing.
4. ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE DONE THROUGH QUICKTOPICS. There will be no reason to PM me about anything. This includes IRC, though that's more lenient. Obviously PM'in me yer quotes is an exception.
5. IF YOU EDIT OR DELETE POSTS YOU WILL FACE THE MOD FIRING SQUAD!
5.5. Don't share quicktopics, even if you might be coaligned or masons or whatever.
5.5.5. DON'T TALK TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE GAME EITHER (WHO ISN'T YOUR MENTOR). Yeah, I know, I know. Shush.
6. No ciphers/codes/etc since they only test people's abilities to crack ciphers (UNLESS FOR SOME REASON I PERSONALLY CONTRADICT THIS RULE).
7. After you die you can make one post that cannot contain any information about the game.
8. You may not post in the thread at night. If you do so under any circumstances other than the allowed "bluh" post I will devise a horrible and painful punishment that the Elder Gods would be proud of.
9. Who the hell knows what's going to be in this game, but I won't put in anything too awful (mafia anti-traitors i.e. spies/gamending Jesters etc. are never happening).
10. Every player has to make at least one post per day. If they can't make a post on that day, the playerbase'll be informed modwisely.
11. Play to your win condition, always.
12. Karkat Rule: No faking day-activations of anything, on pain of modkill. There may or may not be day powers!
13. Karkat Rule 2: If a day-activation of something day-ending is claimed, ASSUME THE DAY IS ENDED until you hear otherwise. If an extension is required as a result, I will grant one.
14. Don't copy/paste from QTs, thank you.
15. Be excellent to each other always or the modhammer will come down upon ye like a... hammer that smashes things.
All you need to know for learning the game, looted from Wheat's body after a particularly nasty blow to the head:
I. the game
The game is played between an uninformed majority (Town) and an informed minority who can communicate with each other (Mafia). The objective for town is to get rid of all of those trying to kill them. The objective for mafia is to outnumber the town in such a way that they can control the vote without question. Players are eliminated from the game gradually: however, they still win if their side wins. If town wins, dead townies win, too! If mafia wins, dead mafiosos win as well, so don't be afraid to make a sacrifice for the good of the team!
Sometimes there are other players with other objectives (Third Party).
There are two phases of the game that alternate: day and night.
Day is when all of the players discuss who they think is mafia by voting to lynch one player--townies want to eliminate all of the mafia, while mafia wants to sway the vote sneakily. Vote in-thread with a bolded Vote: Player, and if you change your mind, Unvote: Player. The day ends when a majority is reached. The person with the most votes is lynched dead, and they are out of the game.
After the daily lynch has happened, night begins. No more talking is allowed! This means no posting in thread. General rule: no players can talk out-of-thread about the game unless explicitly told so. Once night starts, mafia begins discussing privately (either through PMs the GM receives CCs of, a GM-monitored private forum or quicktopics, or GM-monitored IRC chats) who they should use their NIGHT KILL on during the night, as well as strategizing for the upcoming day. After they have decided and all other NIGHT ACTIONS [see below]have taken place, the night is over.
[INDENT]i. NIGHT ACTIONS and PLAYER ROLES: At the beginning of the game, you will be told if your role has an action they can perform during the night.
Here are some BASIC ROLES.
Notes: 1. These are the only possibilities in this game.
2. Roles with NIGHT ACTIONS are purple.
Vanilla: a plain-vanilla player with nothing special about them. Can be town or mafia. Cop: checks one person every night. Will receive a result of GUILTY or INNOCENT. Role-cop or Stalker: checks one person every night. Will hear what their role is. Can be town or mafia. Flavor cop: checks one person every night. Will hear an example of what their game character is like. Doctor: visits one person every night. If that person was targeted to be night-killed, they will be safe! Roleblocker: visits one person every night. That target will not be able to perform a night action! Can be town-aligned or mafia-aligned. Framer: A mafia member who can visit one person per night. That target will appear to be GUILTY for cops for that night only, even though they aren't. Vigilante: a town-sided player who can choose to make a night kill of their own every night! Or they can choose not to. Tracker: visits one person every night. The tracker sees who that target visits with their night actions, if they have one. The mafia's night kill counts as a night action visit, as well: the GM will ask the mafia who among them will make the kill. Watcher: looks out at one person every night. The watcher sees everyone who visits that target with night actions (if they are visited). Mason: Is allowed to communicate with another player at night through GM-monitored PMs, IRC or private forums. Usually town, though sometimes a mafioso will be night-communicators with a townie. Bulletproof: someone who has temporary immunity (usually only once) from being night-killed. Godfather: A crafty mafia member who will appear in cop checks to be INNOCENT, not guilty! Miller: An unfortunate town outsider who appears to be GUILTY, even though they are town-aligned! Granny or Paranoid Gun Owner: a jumpy player who will shoot anyone who visits them to DEATH. Inventor: a wild card! Can make up little inventions or actions and send them to the GM. They may have different effects than intended, though, at the GM's discretion. Often adds a bit of off-kilterness to the game. Survivor: a THIRD-PARTY role. Their goal is to survive. They win with either side as long as they survive until the game's end. Killer: a THIRD-PARTY role. Their goal is to survive while killing everyone else. They kill one person a night and win when they are one of two final remaining players. The town/mafia can only win when they are out of the game. Lyncher: a THIRD-PARTY role. Their goal is to get a specific player lynched. Traitor: a THIRD-PARTY role. They appear to be townies to cops and do not communicate with the mafia, but will win when the mafia wins, so should try to confuse the town. Sometimes, a godfather will be able to recruit them to make them a full-blown mafia member.
Most of these are town roles (unless stated otherwise). Mafia will often claim to be one of these things to avoid being lynched: this is called a fake-claim. A convincing one will keep you safe! A poorly-planned one will get you killed.
Some of the night-actions may be modified to be used only only ONCE PER GAME or less than every other night by the GM at the start of the game for game balance's sake.
This will be a game for 12 newer players, so if you always wanted to try a mafia game but were too afraid to ask, this be your game.
You will be assisted by a mentor this game - they are the only person you may talk off thread with and you may talk with them at all times. You may never divulge who they are in thread at risk of modkill. Upon death both your role will be revealed and who your mentor was.
Results below the spoiler.
1. Fortuna - Mafia goon - survived and won day five.
2. Anacreon - Mafia roleblocker - survived and won day five.
1. Comiturtle - town one-shot vig, sabotaged night one.
2. Gnauga - Mafia Godfather, caught cheating day two, won day five.
3. Namboto - Town Vanilla - sabotaged night two.
4. amymist - Town Vanilla - day three
5. mr_y_not - Town Vanilla - sabotaged night three.
6. seastormjt - Town Vanilla - lynched day four.
7. havakazoo - Town Vanilla - sabotaged night four.
8. Potato Panic - Town Vanilla - lynched day five.
9. Sinjin - Town Cop - Endgamed.
10. A Killer Cuppa Tea - Endgamed
Re: Stanley Palizzo and The Big Score - A My First Heist Adventure! - Newbie Mafia 0/
Originally Posted by DecidedlyDevious
I'll observe. I suppose I am too non-new to be a player, though what I am really interested in is seeing what their advice is.
Just a thing, mentoring doesn't necessarily require encyclopedic knowledge of every skill and detail of the game. If you're in the range where you know the basics pretty well, mentoring is a decent way to learn as well.
Same token, if you want to learn then there's no reason not to sign up as a player, that's more or less what this is about.
Re: Stanley Palizzo and The Big Score - A My First Heist Adventure! - Newbie Mafia 0/
Alright well if there's no observer chat and nobody has qualms with me as a player I'll give it a go. I'll do it conditionally, such that if a newer player wants to play and there are no slots available, I'll give up mine.