MSPA Forums
Page 15 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction Thread 8 (Our Curiosity is Awaiting Your Arrival)

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Introduction Thread 8 (Our Curiosity is Awaiting Your Arrival)

Hello, I'm Yaridovich23, I don't have much to say about myself, so I'll just answer these questions!

1) What is your favorite MS Paint Adventures moment?
    The first Intermission, I loved The Felt and all their odd time powers.

2) Who is your favorite MS Paint Adventures character?
    Lrd English, I'm a sucker for main villains.

3) Favorite non-MSPA work of fiction?
    *shrugs*

4) What music do you like?
    In general, I hate slow songs; I like my songs to be upbeat.

5) What's your typing quirk?
    I pUt ExtrA EmphAsIs On vOwEls, bUt Only "y" sOmEtImEs.
    If I'm in a bad md, I replace my o's with billiards.

6) What is your favorite Homestuck album?
    The Felt, because my favorite song "English" is in there.

7) What is your favorite MSPA ship?
    I don't think about romance very often, so none.

8 ) What is your favorite color?
    Plain Green.

9) If you were a food, what kind of food would you be?
    What a silly question.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/w0AkI.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/NYhrG.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/nbkfP.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/iH8C6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/blZo6.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/AsSp0.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn_18.pnghttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn_19.pnghttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn_3.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Qn0qe.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/UXNbn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/mtOyP.png

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Hi there >_>
    I had fun with that.
    Last edited by Zwitter; 04-14-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Prince of Blood The Illusive Man's Avatar

I am the Illusive Man. I just logged in and made an account for these Forums. I would've chosen a more suitable alias had I the wherewithal to craft one as easily resourceful. As a few people have already taken notice of, I enjoy being as verbose as the person who made Homestuck. Many other equally-savvy people will realize I am an avid fan of the Mass Effect trilogy.

I do not have a favorite moment of MSPA - to be frank, I shouldn't have to pick between any moments. And even if I make a polarizing judgment about one specific ephemery, there will always be a more awesome moment which will be spun like a spider's web.

Regarding characters, my favorite is Vriska. I've no true idea as to why, but other characters don't stand out as much to me.

Other than that, I shall return to my sojourning on. I am only a novice in the arts of the Homestuckery.

So I joined like 2 weeks ago and was going to post here but then life happened. So. Now.

(S)Descend. Absolutely. No contest. SO EPIC.

I like most of them (except Equius because he's awkward and Eridan because he's pathetic), but I think my favorites are Dave, Vriska, and Karkat so... I guess I like assholes? Assholes with development and thoughts.

BLUHBLUH TOO MANY.

Anything. Everything. Right now mostly jazz, ska, 60's rock, romantic (the style, not the content), and some folk-rock. I have no idea.

5) What non-Homestuck things do you like to do?
    Play saxophone and dance. Homestuck and physics class ate my life, so I don't have time for much besides that. Sometimes I read stuff, like now I am rereading my childhood of Tolkien, Jacques, and Rowling, but I also read non-fiction on social psychology and astrophysics, and I'm starting to get into "classic" literature and 20th century social commentary.

6) What is your typing quirk?
    Do run on sentences, fragments, lazy capitalization, and thoughtless spelling count for a quirk?

7) If you were a food, what kind of food would you be?
    Probably something boring, like bread. Or Sprite, or maybe chocolate chip granola bars. Or chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Yeah, those.

8 ) What is your quest?
    I seek the grail!

9) What is your favorite color?
    Blue. No, yel-aaaaauuuughhh!
    Last edited by AtomicSaxophonics; 04-15-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Hi, I'm SC and I don't know how to make an intro post.

The part where Jane was trying to tell Jake she's interested in him but failed, told herself what she was saying was stupid, and kept going. A good collection of facial expression and I've been in that sort of situation.

Tie between Karkat and Roxy, so I'm gonna go with Jaspersprite.

Gonna go with my last memorable fandom obsession before it, Baka to Test. I also like books a lot. Life as We Knew It and the other two books in the trilogy and the Seventh Tower series are my favorites.

A lot of things. Avril Lavigne is one of my favorite artists. Genres are kind of blurry for me.

It depends on whether I'm excited or not. If I'm excited and a conversation is moving fast, I type like a drunkard using their elbows.

I don't know, I tend to like individual songs from the albums.

the one that Jade, John and the sprites are on
    EveryonexEveryone. Half true, since it's really volatile. KarkatxTerezi probably.

Ones that go with the background color.

A steak that is so red that it's almost fuchsia inside. *drools*

Hi, I'm Stickninjas Llama and I, um, don't really know what to say? I like video games and adorable books. I haven't really been on forums before but I hope to get the hang of things soon.

I don't really have a favourite Homestuck moment but as for favourite character... Well, the Derse kids and the Prospit trolls are my favourite. I was rather amused when I realized that.

Wow, this is a really short intro.

Anyway, hope to see you around~

Even though I joined this forum a few weeks ago, and that's if my memory serves me well, I've only logged on about three or four times without posting anything. Anyway, to answer the questions...

1.) What is your favorite MS Paint Adventures moment?
    [S] Descend.

2.) Who is your favorite MS PAint Adventures character?
    I don't have one in particular, but Karkat, Gamzee, Terezi, and Vriska are some of my favorites.

3.) Favorite non-MSPA work of fiction?
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I've read it twice, once by choice and once for an assignment in high school, but I just enjoy the overall story. That and the fact it was written before vampires could walk in the sunlight, had no fangs, sparkled, and were simply turned into faries to satisfy tween girls who would likely have nightmares from seeing what a vampire actually is/does.

4.) What music do you like?
    Mostly Steampunk or industrial music, like Abney Park and Eisenfunk.

5.) What's your typung quirk?
    //: I oft3n r3plac3 th3 fifth l3tt3r of th3 human alphab3t with th3 third numb3r in a natural s3qu3nc3 and 3xplain things in an oft3n complicat3d mann3r.

6.) What is your favorite Homestuck album?
    Alterniabound, if it counts.

7.) What is your favorite MSPA ship?
    JohnxVriska.

8.) What is your favorite color?
    Black.

9.) If you were a food, what kind of food would you be?
    Buffalo wings. Spicy food is delicious!

Hello all! My name is captainHammertime and I am 13 going on 14. I've actually been reading Homestuck for a pretty long time, but this is my first time really going on the forums. Unrelated: I have a hard time writing introductions for myself. I always feel all awkward writing them. Gah.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003831
    (also: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006609 - http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006626 )
    I'd have to say either Dave Strider or Problem Sleuth.

webcomics: Hannah is not a Boys Name, Lackadaisy, Always Raining Here, Paranatural, etc.
    Comics/Manga: Bakuman, Scott Pilgrim, Hetalia, Death Note, Yozakura Quartet, XxxHoLiC, etc....
    Books: Harry Potter Series, Ender's Game Series/ Ender's Shadow series, The "Secret Series", blah blah blah the list could go on forever, I swear.
    Alright, in an effort to save space I'll just list three...(in no particular order.)
    Coldplay
    Flight of the Conchords
    Gorillaz

Semi-perfect grammar, and syntax

or sometimes just all in lowercase. otherwise, the punctuation marks are in their correct places.

Prospit&Derse

JohnxDave. Mostly because of all the adorable fanfictions and AU's I've read. Also: They're both the best assholes ever shipped together. I think It's safe to say that this is my "OTP". iwillgodownwiththisship.

Light Blue. Black too, maybe, if you'd count that as a color. (close 2nd is yellow)

A nutella croissant sandwich. TOASTED.

Ummm... Hi. I'm the Moematician (Mo-eh matician, in case anyone is wondering how it's pronounced.)

Cute things are about the only thing that can put a smile on my face when I'm by myself. I decided to go with this instead of my pesterchum handle due to wanting to have a bit of a positive impression when someone sees I posted. =]

I'm sounding polite and shy here, but once I open up to people, I'm a little loud and angry about things. I'm kinda a lot like Karkat in a lot of ways, just with grammar when I'm relaxed. And I'll answer some questions really quick.

Favorite Video Games: Tales of Graces f, Skullgirls, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy [6-8]. (That's a really basic list)

Hobbies: Besides playing video games, I'm obviously a huge anime retard. I watch this more than normal T.V. but lately, I've had a shitty computer so I've not had the time (or the streaming ability) to watch all the new stuff. I also like to write a lot and have a series of books I have planned to write (and in the process of). This is mainly until I can find someone who could possibly give me a hand on the art side of it, because I'd really like to get it made into a game or anime instead of just novels.

Favorite Movies: I have an extensive list that mostly encompasses older movies. I'm a small bit of a movie buff when it comes to anything that was released in the 80's to late 90's. I feel that a lot of movies now are lazy and don't contain a lot of thought when it comes to plot or characters. I do like some recent stuff though. My main genres I like are Action, Martial Arts flicks, and really deep supernatural movies like Donny Darko.

Favorite Animes: One Piece, Mirai Nikki, Ore no Imouto, Lucky Star, K-On, Madoka Magica, Bake/Nisemonogatari, Fate/Zero (Have yet to actually watch Fate/Stay Night), Ben-To, Mayo Chiki, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Not finished. :<), Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Lotte no Omocha, Kami-sama no Memochou, and the list just goes on and on. I can't get enough Anime! >w<

Music Time: I mostly listen to J-rock and Vocaloids. A lot of stuff I learn about now is through Anime OPs and EDs. Though, when I listened to a bunch of American stuff, I liked classic rock stuff such as Aerosmith, Alternative like Paramore and I have a weird liking for Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. Oh, and Game/Anime OST too!

My favorite MSPA Character: Dave and Dirk Strider. Along with Karkat and Equius too. ^^

And I think that'll about do me on this here.
    I really don't have anything cool to put here right now. Q_Q

Hello everyone, this will be my first post in the forums. I'm sorry if it's horrifying and I'm sure as time goes on here I will regret sounding so moronic.
    I've been reading the MSPA for a few days now and as a form of habit, if I'm interested in something I try to dive into the forums to get a better look at the community.

Any moment a character is told to do something completely outrageous, like squeal like a pig and toss fertilizer, or flip out because of all of the puppet butts.
    I enjoy all the humor, really.

I would say.. Wayward Vagabond. Have you seen him gnaw at a can? A pumpkin stem, perhaps?

Definitely anything involving Final Fantasy.
    I don't mind being THAT GUY.

Anything, really. I'm not biased.
    Preferrably metal, dubstep, techno, trance. But I also like opera, celtic and other things.

I'm not quite sure. I suppose I lack perfect grammar and punctuation, but I try.
    If I mess up, I probably think I'm right but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't heard any. Yet.

What? I'm obviously very new to this..

Crimson.

Maraschino cherry.

Thank you.

Hello everyone~ Might as well do this. c:

Rogue of Mind salaciousInstigator's Avatar

oh, um, hey guys. :3 name's joy. y'all can call me that, or by my trollian handle, salaciousInstigator or sI. just please, please don't make a pun with my name. i beg of you.

i suppose i'm awkwardly bad at introductions so, question answery funtimes!

Jane: Say hello to your new guide. hussie you ultimate troll. hilarity and shenanigans of the highest caliber.

i go back and forth on this a lot, but ultimately i think i'd have to say vriska. i have a very violent matespiritship/kismesisssitude relationship with her, though. however, with the introduction of roxy, this may change....roxy and i are the same basically.

the myst video game series. if you don't know what that is.....well, i'm not surprised, but you should. :3

eh. i like a lot of random stuff i guess. i can't even really pin it down to a genre, or a couple of genres. i listen to the beatles obsessively.

be salacious and instigatorly. duh.

6) What is your typing quirk?
    i haven't really decided yet. excessive swearing will definitely be a part of it, though. anyone care to help me out on that one?

7) If you were a food, what kind of food would you be?
    something classy, like chocolate covered cherries. or deep fried oreos.

8 ) What is your quest?
    to whoever said, "I seek the grail!"......find them and marry them. @-@

9) What is your favorite color?
    "Blue. No, yel-aaaaauuuughhh" oh lordy lord that's some good python.
    anyways? purple. lots and lots of purple. though i'm not really biased against any one color (except yellow. fuck yellow.)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Hi there! My name's Grue. I'm 19 years old, from California, and I've just joined the forums. Hopefully I'm posting in the right place!

That's a difficult question. Probably either [S]: Make Her Pay or [S] Seer: Ascend.

Aradia is probably my favorite by far, but I'm quite fond of most everyone besides Eridan and Gamzee.

I'm generally fond of everything that Terry Pratchett writes. As well as that, I like Maus by Art Spiegelman, Gunnerkrigg Court, the Mahabharata, and Journey To The West.

I suppose my taste would best be defined as eclectic- it really depends on the day! I like listening to terrible trashy europop, but I like most of Homestuck's music, as well as some metal, oldies, folk, rock, and terrible cutesy j-pop.

5) What non-Homestuck things do you like to do.
    I enjoy playing video games and reading, as well as doing a smattering of art. My videogame taste varies: I have to say that I'm not particularly fond of a lot of games that are current, preferring old point-and-click and text-based games. However, there is the occasional modern game I do like, and rhythm games are a favorite of mine.

Probably coloUrs and mayhem, but Alterniabound is probably my second choice there.

Haha, I don't really ship. I guess I like nepeta equius quite a bit.

What is your favorite color?
    Definitely green or teal.

Uh. Probably enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by quaintMagistrate View Post
    snip snap snop
    I must say, you sound like you have good taste. Welcome to the forum, I think you'll fit right in (and great avatar by the way. Can't go wrong with Sir Terry).
    Last edited by ashdenej; 04-22-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    My Fanfic: Last Journey of the Knight of Sands, a tale of memory and loss.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Good day, everyone! I'm Sabriel - it's nice to meet you. I'm a 27 year old from Brooklyn, NY, who is in college (life decided to send me on a variety of wacky adventures right out of high school, delaying my formal education until about a year ago). I'm studying Media Production, and I hope to someday work professionally as a convention techhead. If that doesn't give it away, I'm a pretty big geek.

Anyway, I'm terribly awkward at introductions, so I'll just answer some of these questions, here...

Seeing Hysterical Dame and Nervous Broad get into the fray! I love those two, and really loved it when they took matters into their own hands.
    From Homestuck, I would say playing the flute in a silly manner. I know it's such a minor thing in the grand scheme of it all, but it's still something that I love doing- it's incredibly silly!

Definitely Hysterical Dame and her plucky attitude! Jade otherwise.

My username gives it away. If you've never read The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix, you're really doing yourself a disservice.

Growing up, I was exposed to a wide variety of music. From my mother, I heard mostly 60's and 70's artists - The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Frank Zappa, etc, and perhaps most important, Queen. My father was the 'Rat Pack' kinda guy- Frank Sinatra, for example. My uncle was completely opposite- Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, White/King Diamond. These have all had their influences on me, and I listen to all of it. Music I've discovered on my own that I really enjoy is from the industrial/futurepop side; namely, VNV Nation, Apop Berzerk, Assemblage 23, and their ilk.

While I enjoy video games, I very rarely have time to play them - or money to acquire them. Last year, some jackhole broke into my home and stole all of my systems and games, so I'm stuck playing what games I have on Steam. This isn't a bad thing, as I've finally gotten around to completing Half-Life 2 (and all of its children), and I've been getting into Minecraft pretty heavily.

Gaming aside, I like to write and draw, as well as read - mostly non-fiction. I offer you a peace offering picture - it's not much, but it's a Jade!

While this may come across as a cop-out, I really enjoy Colours and Mayhem Universe B. I think the album as a whole has some very strong tunes, and I particularly love Pale Rapture.

Aside from the Dames/Cap'n Snoop i mean their Detectives, I have a particular fondness for Jade/Karkat. I can't really explain why. This being said, I respect everyone's ships, and I can honestly say that I really have no qualms about which fictional children people pair together.

What is your favorite color?
    Purple. I've liked it for years. It's closely followed by blue, however.

Grapes- an otherwise ordinary food that tastes the best when you really stop to savour it.

...wait, that came out wrong-

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Dmatix View Post
    I must say, you sound like you have good taste. Welcome to the forum, I think you'll fit right in (and great avatar by the way. Can't go wrong with Sir Terry).
    Why, thank you. I didn't make the avatar, unfortunately- I grabbed it off livejournal a while back. But I appreciate the welcome!
    "It is dark. You may be eaten by a grue."
    Pesterchum: quaintMagistrate
    Tumblr: x

Quote Originally Posted by quaintMagistrate View Post
    Why, thank you. I didn't make the avatar, unfortunately- I grabbed it off livejournal a while back. But I appreciate the welcome!
    You are quite welcome. New users such as yourself are the life blood of the forum, so Iv'e taken it on myself to greet them once in a while. If you are looking for a good thread to start in, I suggest either going straight to the main comic discussion or to one of the threads geared towards your personal interests. In your case, I think you would find the book discussion thread enjoyable.
    My Fanfic: Last Journey of the Knight of Sands, a tale of memory and loss.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Fondly regarding everything A.I.'s Avatar

Hello, everyone. I'm AI, and I'm migrating here from a small, generalized chat forum of a few old friends. There's a small chance some of you might remember me for moderating the Minecraft forum for some time...? At any rate, I'm a big thinker, I love serious discussion and RP, and I imagine I'll feel perfectly at home here.

I can't wait to get to know everyone.

EDIT: I've actually had an account at the MSPA forum for quite a while, but I've never dedicated my time or efforts to anything here.
    Last edited by A.I.; 04-22-2012 at 02:02 PM.

I had too much fun with this.

Quote Originally Posted by A.I. View Post
    Hello, everyone. I'm AI, and I'm migrating here from a small, generalized chat forum of a few old friends. There's a small chance some of you might remember me for moderating the Minecraft forum for some time...? At any rate, I'm a big thinker, I love serious discussion and RP, and I imagine I'll feel perfectly at home here.

EDIT: I've actually had an account at the MSPA forum for quite a while, but I've never dedicated my time or efforts to anything here.
    Hi AI! I've forgotten if you hated me.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by A.I. View Post

I come from the same place. We have tracked you down and you are under arrest. Although i haven't left THAT forum yet.
    Also, Hello everyone.

Freelance Mayor for Hire baxbound's Avatar

Hi everyone! My name is baxbound, but most everyone just calls me "bax". As it happens, I hail from the same privately owned forum as AI and Neow.

tbh I've never been in a forum this large, only smaller more community driven ones. I'm super excited to start posting here, but at the same time, it's really quite intimidating. I made an account here from what must have been like, a year ago and never posted anything, but I think now I'm ready to take the plunge and stop lurking.

Hope to have some great fun here some time soon.

God, I don't really know. I joined in the fandom quite late (Near the bit with Aradia and Doc Scratch), so I'd have to say the Cascade update on 11/11/11 was really memorable for me.

I tend to revolve around more obscure, background-ish characters as my favorite. So, for me, it would have to be WV. He's awesome.
    Terezi, Tavros, John, and Maplehoof follow suit.

There is other fiction besides homestuck? Since when?
    But in all seriousness, when I get the time to read novels, I usually enjoy books like the Hunger Games, City Of Ember, or other fiction of that nature. I have also been known to dabble in fanfiction from time to time.

All kinds. I don't usually specify a genre because I have the capacity to like nearly all of them, but rather the artist themselves are what I tend to differentiate in. I enjoy a lot of Video Game soundtracks, like that of Bastion, Machinarium, Portal, Frozen Synapse, Trine, VVVVVV, and more. Some specific artists include Dan Bull, Coldplay, Goldfish, Foster The People, Nickleback, Charlie Parra Del Riego, C418, George & Johnathan, U2, The Beatles, Lapfoxtrax (Although I do not consider myself a 'furry'), a bunch of brony musicians (That I will admit to being, although casual it may be), and of course, Homestuck.

None at the moment.

Wanderers currently, but both the coloUrs and mayhem albums look amazing. I need to buy those sometime.

Classic JohnxVriska. Although I will say KanayaxRose is up there too.

Earth Green followed by Navy Blue.

Apple Pie.
    Last edited by baxbound; 04-22-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added "neow"

Hi-ho, MSPA Forums! This is my third, count it, third time coming back here! I've been kind of on and off, last time being here a few months ago. I've just officially left a forum I've been around for like 2 years of something. Well, I effin' lurrrrrve Sollux, I'm a roleplayer, and am a very manly man. Yeah, well, that wraps it up.

Pronouns
    [any]

OMG DIG HIII YOU COME FORM THE SAME PALCE
    Places to get a hold of me or stalk me.
    Among Gods
    Steam
    deviantArt
    Tumblr
    Twitter
    My pesterchums are formidableBlackhand, and neowlogicalHowl
    And if you want my skype just ask!

Freelance Mayor for Hire baxbound's Avatar

Oh, hia Dig! Nice to see more friendly faces around here.