MSPA Forums
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylladex::Captchalogue Deck

Re: Sylladex::Captchalogue Deck

Never claimed it was a .zip file. It's a .7z file, which is 7zip. If you have 7zip, right click, hover over 7zip and click open archive. From there, drag it wherever you want and then click on that file (named scrabblemodus).

Instructions are inside that file, along with the rest of it.
    Chumhandle for your chat or roleplay needs: gleefulUnlimited

Thinker of Thoughts WillyDeWulfe's Avatar

Ok, I got it to work. Seems pretty cool.

It also renews my passion to make a fetch modus, but as I mentioned, I have little to no knowledge of Java. Does anyone know a website that could help me learn?

Most websites I've discovered involving Java tutorials are either far too outdated to be useful beyond your first Hello World program (some I've seen going back all the way from when Java first came out) or just don't sufficiently cover the information a beginner should know. Bucky's tutorials are a bit old but most of it is still relevant and it is fairly easy to follow.
    Chumhandle for your chat or roleplay needs: gleefulUnlimited

Currently using the Encryption modus...this is excellent.

god i love nintendo and music Paul's Avatar

I've begun using this, I'm using Hash currently. Love it.

Doing That Thing You Hate Alphakirby's Avatar

Trying out sillyRacoon's Scrabble Modus.
    The numbers don't look wonky for me on the bottom,maybe it's because of my monitor's resolution. (Not that something working is a bad thing)
    Also getting things out is kind of confusing. (Typing the exact name of something doesn't go to it's number despite being the same)

Going back to Encryption
    Last edited by Alphakirby; 11-03-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiversalInk View Post
    Would it be possible to make the program automatically captchalogue copied text or pictures?
    No, but what I will be doing is adding a button to captchalogue clipboard contents.

Help! I would love to have this to work, but I can't get to the .jar! It appears as a .jar in the zip file, but when I extract the file the .jar turns into a WinRAR archive! How do I extract the download so that it actually gives me something runnable?

Failing that, how do I convert a winrar archive into a .jar?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNerd View Post
    Help! I would love to have this to work, but I can't get to the .jar! It appears as a .jar in the zip file, but when I extract the file the .jar turns into a WinRAR archive! How do I extract the download so that it actually gives me something runnable?

I myself don't even remember having to extract the thing, I only remember double clicking it. It might be different for you though, different computers, different functions. Of course my memory IS a little bit foggy, so i don't know if I'm correct.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNerd View Post

Click on OPEN WITH and select the Java option,Winrar probably considers a .jar an archive and therefore will try to open it.

Thank you!

No problem

Between releases, I will update the program weekly. These updates will be 'beta' updates which come out every Friday regardless of the amount of testing which has been done on them.

Here's this week's changelog:

Grab the update from github. For your convenience I've compressed the release/ folder into SDECK.zip, which lies in the root of the repository.
    - Make sure you back up your items/ and prefs/ folders -

How do I enable the widgets?

Captchalogue the .sdw files or the .class files of the widget.

Hey, I'd like to report a bug: I can't drag anything into any of the decks... I get the crossed out circle, just like some guy had posted about earlier.

I'm running 32-bit Window's 7 Home Premium, and I've updated Java to the latest version.

This program looks absolutely amazing, and looks like it'd be a blast to use if I could get it to work... any ideas on what might be wrong?

And that's why we never see Rose carrying more than eight items...

I had two options when programming the tree. The first option was to let the cards spread out as much as they needed, but that meant that most of the cards wouldn't touch each other. It didn't look nice, especially with small decks. So I went for the second option: force them to overlap their parents even if there isn't enough space.
    I made cards towards the right take precedence so that you can see all your leaf cards in a neat-ish stack. That's why they overlap oddly.
    Still, your deck is pretty crazy!
    Edit: I can't actually work out what's going on there. You seem to have too many cards on the same row :|
    Edit2: Cards overlapping.

If someone wants to improve the code, well, that's why it's open source :)
    I've fixed the height bug though. It'll be in next week's update.

P.S. YE, I have no idea what's wrong there.
    Last edited by gumptiousCreator; 11-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.

How do I add cards? I tried dragging an icon into them and it doesn't seem to work. I'm using 64 bit Arch Linux, the file browser I use is pcmanfm because I use LXDE, my java version is 1.6.0_26.

Can never stay mad at Cal/cats Nokob's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Add cards to your deck? In the preferences dialog (right click on the dock), there's a button to add cards at the bottom of the first tab. However, it doesn't work on, for example, the Hashmap modus.

Quote Originally Posted by gumptiousCreator View Post

P.S. YE, I have no idea what's wrong there.
    Hm... well, do you think you (or anyone else who would care to help) could just post some relevant details (administrative settings, Java version, etc) that could be relevant to what's going on, just so I can compare our settings and hopefully find out what's causing this?

Just to clarify my problem a little: The program appears to run fine, aside from the fact that it does not allow me to move anything into the cards. In hash, I can even insert my phrase and select a card, even though nothing is in there.

Oh, I also noticed that the "files" folder is empty. I'm assuming that has to do with the files stored in your sylladex, but I could be wrong.

Let me hypnotise you into the 4th dimension!

I had some problems getting things to work in the original version due to Mac being different than Windows. Things seem to be working fine in the new version, now that Mac support has been added. It should be a simple matter of dragging and dropping a file/folder into the dock where your deck of empty cards sits. I don't really know what else to add that could help you, since my problem was fixed by the mIrAcLe of updates.
    I have spoilers now?
    What's up with that?

Mraof, I'm afraid I've only tested with GNOME on Ubuntu. Someone else played around with it on Arch but I can't remember which DE they used.
    Is it only files which aren't working for you?

YE, The "files" folder stores images from the clipboard when you captchalogue them and close the program. You can't get files into the sylladex by putting them in there.
    Anyway, here's what I've got:
    Java 1.6.0_29-b11
    Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit). It's practically a fresh install.
    Can't think of any other useful information.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast