MSPA Forums
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylladex::Captchalogue Deck

Re: Sylladex::Captchalogue Deck

It won't let me change my modus... When I try to hit the button, nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzle View Post
    It won't let me change my modus... When I try to hit the button, nothing happens.
    That's a bug with either a) running Java 7 or b) using a bugged modus.
    Minestuck: Be the pixel-man: My own Homestuck-inspired fan adventure, created entirely in Minecraft.

I'm also a developer in the Minestuck project - modding Homestuck into Minecraft. Current project; Finishing up Derse and Prospit and working on the Medium.

dude, this is so sick! Thanks for making this :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddia View Post
    Ah okay, it's probably the first one. I'll try downloading Java 6, or something? I'll let you guys know if that works.

EDIT: I downloaded Java 6, didn't fix the problem. The only modus I downloaded was the array modus, but I haven't been able to even switch the modus from anything but stack.

EDIT 2: I deleted the array modus files, it seems to work fine now.
    Last edited by Quizzle; 03-13-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddia View Post
    Ah okay, it's probably the first one. I'll try downloading Java 6, or something? I'll let you guys know if that works.

EDIT: I downloaded Java 6, didn't fix the problem. The only modus I downloaded was the array modus, but I haven't been able to even switch the modus from anything but stack.

EDIT 2: I deleted the array modus files, it seems to work fine now.
    I'm having the same problem. Whenever I add either the Array or Password Modus to the modi folder, it won't allow me to open the "Select Fetch Modus" screen. I know it's not a problem with my computer/Java because the GameBro Fetch Modus is working fine.

Please help!!!
    And that is all I have to say on the matter

Low Tehcrnonaninser InvertedVoid's Avatar

Has anyone gotten Array or Password to work in a download? I had the same exact problem with not being able to change modus with either of them in.
    Because it might be a problem with those modi, or it might be a problem with some, but not all, people's computers, which would be useful to know.

Actually, there's also one little problem I ran into on the Gamebro modus, if an item gets five out of five hats the bottom of the image is cut off. If I get the chance I'll fix it sometime, but it's not a huge problem and I really don't have the time to fiddle with the numbers again now. If someone else finds the right number I'll add it in though. The problem is probably in the dimensions of the window.
    Avatar avatar'ed by me, then WholeLataPie'd by WholeLataPie.

Password and array work in mine. It could be that I originally wrote Password in Java 7, then rewrote it on a different computer in Java 6 (the Java 6 download is a couple pages back).
    Minestuck: Be the pixel-man: My own Homestuck-inspired fan adventure, created entirely in Minecraft.

I'm also a developer in the Minestuck project - modding Homestuck into Minecraft. Current project; Finishing up Derse and Prospit and working on the Medium.

Custom modi will always work on the developer's computer, as the entire program will be compiled along with the modus and will therefore be the same version. The correct Java version to use is the latest Java 6.

I'm really happy that people are making custom modi. If I haven't put the correct versions up on the OP, just bug me with PMs.
    If I can find a free web host I might think about making a proper download site, depending also upon the number of custom modi.

Things I need to do (listed here for my own benefit)

I can't get the appearifier widget to work, there's no sdw!

Drag the .class file in.

Dont even have it installed, and Im already dangerously obsessed with this!

I don't know why, but when I try to drag the .class in it just doesn't even act like I DID drag anything in, do I have something configured wrong?

@Scizor: Do you have all the .class files in the widgets folder? (and the Appearifier folder there, too?)

Actually, speaking of that, any progress on captchaloguing through the appearifier?

Wait, so I'm not supposed to have the appearifier files in their own folder?

it doesnt work. I double click, it loads for a split second, and the nothing happens.
    It is I... Eeveeon8.
    Your chumhandle is randomGenius and you *speak very scientifically but is not afraid to show a bit of emotion!*
    Your trolltag is randomInsanity and Zap! To you, everything iz very zhoking!

@Scizor: Just make it match the way all of the other widgets have it. Some of the files stay in their own folder inside the widgets folder, but the .class files all go just directly inside the widgets folder and not inside of anything else. There's around seven of those I think?

@Eeveeon8: I have no idea, sorry. What system are you running (that won't help me, but it might help someone who actually knows these things)? Alternatively, try redownloading. Or turning your computer off and turning it on again.

@WillyDeWulfe: I think instead of making GUI extend Widget, you can just put it inside of the Appearifier class (like the way you do TimerTasks), which would mean you can't captchalogue GUI like it's a widget anymore.

Is there a screen size requirement? I have a small computer (1366 x 76, and some applications and programs don't run properly and are cut off... can someone put in a screenshot of what it looks like? Because mine looks a bit.. funky (cards are off center and the edge is about a third of the way into my screen.)
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

MAROON LIPS, SILVER HANDS

It should work with most resolutions. The dock should extend across the bottom of the screen. The cards can be moved with most modi. On Hashmap, the cards should be stuck in the left-hand edge.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

It's a bit wonky on double monitors. As in, the hashmap cards bleed over into monitor 2. Is there a way you can force it to open on a specific monitor?
    Your supreme overlord TOPPLED KING of the one year strong IMAGE MANIMP THREED FIVE TEEN

I'm afraid it just opens on whatever you've set as your primary monitor. For me, that's fine because my primary monitor is the left-hand one.
    I might add more multi-monitor options later, but don't expect anything soon.

Unless you or someone else beats me to it, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by gumptiousCreator View Post
    It should work with most resolutions. The dock should extend across the bottom of the screen. The cards can be moved with most modi. On Hashmap, the cards should be stuck in the left-hand edge.
    Hmm... okay. I think my laptop is just a special case then. All of those things are messed up :/
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

MAROON LIPS, SILVER HANDS

Mage of Technology quadrangledReality's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberneticAbomination View Post
    Right click
    Open with
    Choose default program
    Java herp derp whatever
    and if this doesn't work, you will have to create a batch file that roughly says:

cd desktop
    cd SDECK
    java -jar SDECK.jar

now, obviously if you did not save the SDECK folder on your desktop, you would have to change the code to fit your file directory path.
    so if you saved the SDECK folder in your pictures (for some reason), you would have to put cd Pictures rather than cd Desktop

Hi everyone, gov paper is done (for now), so back to coding for me!

Probably going to code some simple modus first, so I can refresh on all the method names and stuff. So it'll probably be done fairly soon. Maybe.

Also I'll update the idea list, and maybe come up with widget ideas? Those are probably trickier.

Fuckin' FAB-U-LOUS FubbalyWubbaly's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

This is awesome, I use it every day!

Sadly, when I tried adding more Fetch modus', Some of the default ones disappear and the new ones don't show up when you go to change it. am I moving them into the right folder?
    The first steps on a journey is the toughest, but the most proudest.

Wanna RP? send me a PM~ I'm always open for RPing!
    Click spoiler for cool links

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast