MSPA Forums
Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 397986878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2434

Thread: SBURB Patch Notes II: The Code is Mightier than the Sword

Re: SBURB Patch Notes II: The Code is Mightier than the Sword

IM: Oh, but they did their job. Look around you. Half your troops are already gone. Well, I should say half your mass. Also, yeah. You still can only physically assault the workers of SKAIAnet. Corruption is baaaaad. Which is why it IS impossible here. After all, my Godmodetech is stopping you from doing so, and retconing itself as an incorruptible law of this world as soon as you try to corrupt it away.

IM: That's a doomed timeline your looking at. Because Godmodetech was deleted. You can thank Daniel for that.

The One Who Remains incomprehensibleAeons's Avatar

As Alnylthyria navigates the maze, tearing through every trap he can't outrun in various ways, he encounters Daniel.

"Need a ride?"

He motions behind himself on the machine.
    Last edited by incomprehensibleAeons; 12-15-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Banners and stuff below!

Thanks to Crimson Lunar, PackratImp, and crepuscularDissembler for help with my avatar! (That is to say, everything but the flames in the background.)

Quote Originally Posted by makuta View Post
    IM: That's a doomed timeline your looking at. Because Godmodetech was deleted. You can thank Daniel for that.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty 404 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by makuta View Post
    since images are disabled, here's my tumblr and here's my steam profile.
    shoot me a pm or something before adding me on steam, though.

Knight of Breath JustAnotherUser's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Daniel doesn't hit a wall at speed; he knew that this sort of thing was going to happen. Instead, he sort of walks into it and shakes it off as the creatures come out to attack. He's just about to start slashing when Alnyrithnia shows up.

"No thanks on the ride, but could you kill these guys? I've got an moderator to recover here."

"Certainly."

Flames form around Alnylthyria's hands as Riadim glides to a halt. As the flames pour into the machine's wings, Alnylthyria floats off of his mount, forming blazing puppet strings.

LEVEL 127 STRINGTECH: CONFLAGRATED COCOON

The bird slash-dashes through the creatures at the speed of sound, winding the flaming cords around them as per its master's commands. Once the foes are all entangled, the flames burst twofold, reaching ridiculous temperatures, high enough to MELT the poor saps.
    Banners and stuff below!

Thanks to Crimson Lunar, PackratImp, and crepuscularDissembler for help with my avatar! (That is to say, everything but the flames in the background.)

Pronouns
    he/him/his

"Cheers!"

He continued through the maze, dodging many creatures (and fighting a minotaur one on one), he came to the maze center.

"Hey Girard, how's it hanging?"

((Me and Crash are gonna log when we get the chance.))
    Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 12-17-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Following Daniel, Alnylthyria reaches Girard's chamber as well.

"So this is a Grey-Tier, is it?"

His three other puppets appear alongside him.
    Banners and stuff below!

"Well, hello, Mr. Kmail and unidentified telegrammon. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Girard's grin elongates and threatens to split his face... then as fast as Light he fades to naught but a grin, and then not even that.

1M: Tell me, Dan and the man... did you really think that I'd put myself at the middle of a maze?

The walls glow with the gray crest, and suddenly the worlds shift and burn and seem to melt --

And this is a world of blank grounds extending in all directions machinery, with a silhouette massive in the skies spinning with gears. Iron rings capture a sextuplet of things that could be holes and could be mazes, could be trees or beasts or dead men's homes.

1M2: Here's a nice little game to agitate your blames, my poppet puppets -- find the remaining remains and extinguish their candles and I'll set you back safe and sound. Have a nice gray!

Level 86 OperatorTech : Just find them.
    The targets are identified and added to a precise map, complete with shortest route to target.

IM: Well, that's the best I can do for you. The GodmodeTechs are sealed away forever (and it isn't a situation where they are usable anyway), the little helpers are recuperating in the walls, and I'm not here physically. A map, complete, updated in real time. Good luck.

IM: Too bad that map is 2D when the maze is 5D.

IM: And the things are moving.

IM: They'll figure something out though.

IM: 2D ? Are you sure you are looking at the map ? And not just at the synchronization image ? The one that gets scanned to access the actual map in your brain ? The one I'm updating in real time with my OperatorTech ?

"Well now."

Alynlthyria flickers in and out of existence, or whatever this world of chaos is.
    Banners and stuff below!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

(("Kmail"? I thought you were going to nickname Daniel "Pentagon".))

Daniel sighs, and looks around.

IM: Would it kill you to stop being such a puzzling asshole? Well, I've got news for you, my friend. Hint Coins!"

He flips open a DS containing a Professor Layton game with a rather large amount unused hint coins. He conjures up an USB port in the floor and connects the Labyrinth and the DS, absorbing puzzles into the cartridge. He opens up one entitled "No. %5$: Grey Girard's Riddle."

He uses the hints to decipher the puzzle, and sets about finding "Remaining Remains" and "Extinguishing their candles" until the task is done. He walks back to the entrance of the centre of the maze.

IM2: Now then, are you going to uphold your end of the deal, or am I going to have to start breaking things?

He waves the Homewrecker threateningly... and then vanishes in a blip, appearing in front of Girard.
    Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 12-18-2011 at 01:35 PM.

((He's just calling people by random names now.

Also: We need a bit more depth to the game. PIRATE PAD DEPTH.))

Alnylthyria rematerializes, except one thing is different- his outfit.

Instead if the robes of the Alchemist of Fire, they now follow the shape pattern of Heirs- but with an unusual color scheme and symbol. At the center of the lime green outfit is a bright yellow butterfly.

"I hope you don't mind me removing my limiter."

The Heir of Entropy grins.
    Banners and stuff below!

"You sure do know how to make a maze, pal."

"Why, thankez-vous, Pentlejack."

"What, exactly, happened to you?"

"Guess!"

"You should know better than to get the stuffing knocked straight out of you. Still, I guess that that's what happened."

"Well, not exactamunda, my pet! I had fire under me yet 'til I got a little... upset. After all, confronting the devil will do that to any man, Skaianet or Skaianot."

"...WHAT?!"

He wheels his head around several times, looking for this 'Devil'. "The hell you on about?"

Girard grins and slithers at near-sonic speeds, coming inches from the admin's face. Needless to say, Daniel's a little freaked out. "Well, you remember that old junker of a animatronic Tigress I had? I put a little of the old spice in her head and a fire of dread spread. Please do have some nutritious lead." He gestures, and Adachi -- chained to a wall -- sprays bullets at Daniel.

"Adachi? I haven't seen her since the flood... man, you turn against us a lot. And what do you me- [REDACTED]!"

He flips to dodge the plethora of bullets from the robot. "Oh, that's it! I'm going to kick your ass, old friend or not!" He pulls out a Magnum Opus and fires all six shots at the robot, quickly slamming all the shots in.

Bullets hammer through Adachi's iron plate and steely visor, but she swings on the chains and manages to soften the blows dealt out. Then in a titanic display of effort, the animatron rips the very walls out with the chains and goes in swinging, spinning like a ballerina with a five hundred pounds of concrete chained to her arms.

"CRAP!" The chunk of wall hits him and launches him into another wall. He staggers out, stumbling... and then charges forward, hitting the robot away, swinging the Homewrecker like a golf club. "FORE!"

"For what?" Girard snickers and undulates in a rather unsettling fashion. "Here, my dear. We've got miles to go before we rest. So put yourself to the test, pest!"

"SHUT UP WITH YOUR RHYMES!" BLAM! A shot flies at the slender grey-tier.

LEVEL 43 GRAYTECH : BOOOOOOOOMBLASTANDRUIN

Girard raises a dismissive hand and snaps a finger, spraying a golden shade of honey all over the room and in particular at the bullet, stopping it with sticky goo.

"...I'm reminded of my trip to Castelia. Bloody honey walls..."

"Unphazed one -- have a little Phase Two!" Suddenly the sticky honey glows, levitates and violently compacts into a large sphere centered on the administrator. Girard takes this opportunity to grab Adachi in his robotic arms and flee through a door in the air, which shuts behind him.

"Traps? Please." He punches a hole in the honey just in time to see Girard abscond. "Oh hell no you don't." He charges forward-

-and the door vanishes. He charges straight into a wall and hits the floor. He picks himself up, and walks off, mumbling a variety of curses as he brings up 404's map, upgraded by Daniel himself. He then stops, and shouts;
    "I'm going to find you, and when I do, you'll be sorry!"

Meanwhile, subtly, a key falls into the maze. Emblazoned with an O logo. Maybe it opens an O door? Who knows? However, common knowledge is that it lands on Daniel's head. He grabs it, shrugs, and continues.

And in the dark of the night, in the twisting Escher world that became Girard himself, the Avatar of the King looks out to his maze and smiles.

"I'll be waiting, kid. Show me what you've got."

-FIN-

Alnylthyria, silently observing the conflict from the background, waits to make his move.
    Banners and stuff below!

((sorry to intrude, but when exactly did this stop being Sburb Patch Notes and start being a play-by-post RP?))
    "A challenger appears!" "Stick him in the orb." -steelshodSoul
    come and trade with us at http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...36#post5062036Pesterchum TCG!

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagus View Post
    ((sorry to intrude, but when exactly did this stop being Sburb Patch Notes and start being a play-by-post RP?))
    Last edited by forkinyoureye; 12-18-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: gah forgot spoiler tag
    since images are disabled, here's my tumblr and here's my steam profile.
    shoot me a pm or something before adding me on steam, though.

((thanks, Ill be on my way))
    "A challenger appears!" "Stick him in the orb." -steelshodSoul
    come and trade with us at http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...36#post5062036Pesterchum TCG!

Now with 200% More Corn orngjce223's Avatar

"I think the debuff's gone, Sydney. Mind putting her down?"

Sydney nods, moves to a open spot and lifts her mask.

As Hadron emerges through the portal, Sydney raises her hands to cradle her and gently set her down on the ground. Immediately, her attention turns to hole in her chest, making sure the wound wasn't aggravated during the transfer.

"Alright," she says, nodding, "let's try this again..."

She considered breaking out Tenseiga once again, but thought better of it, mostly from the fear that those around her would misinterpret her actions. Instead, she placed her hands on Hadron's chest and channeled her Life powers to where they were needed most. Almost immediately, a bright white glow appeared from under Sydney's palms, spreading out to encompass Hadron's entire body.

After what seemed like forever, Sydney visibly relaxed, raising her hands. "That should do it." As the glow suffusing the Founder started to fade, one would be hard pressed to find any trace of her previous injury.

Tricia kneels, and Hadron's eyes flicker open -

----

The world skips, once, twice.

And then there is silence, pressing down black like wool.
    Last edited by orngjce223; 12-20-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Moments in the past, but not many --

Daniel stalked down the corridor, revolvers primed. He stopped in front of a door marked-

Combat Tech Development Laboratory

-and waited for Avery to show up.

It didn't take long for the multiform to arrive.
    "Ready when you are."

"Well then, let's let Project Miami loose." He walks into the lab, goes up to a computer in the corner, and presses the enter key.

LEVEL 99 LAMEJOKETECH: CATEGORY 5 HURRI-CAINE OF PUNS
    "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Avery winced, as the atmospheric pressure in the room seemed to increase - and then, with a pop, it vanished.

"I think our friends out there are in for one hail of a time, don't you?"

Pellets of ice began to fall. "I think they're due for some obliteGREYtion."

"Well, they ashked for it!"

Daniel charges out of the door and jumps, boosted by the power of the combat-tech, his fist colliding with the head of a grey-tier. The head comes apart- as does the rest of the carapace, cracking, leaving nothing but a brain. "You've been reduced to nothing but grey matter!"

The falling ice pellets started growing larger, and taking on a distinctive shape - specifically, that of a brain. "...Interesting."

"Themed hail... oh, this is gonna be fun. Where do you want to go?"

"I'm not sure I want to go anywhere, but I do know that I want to send these grey bastards back to hell. Or wherever they came from."

"Wherever it is, it's beyond the pale." He shoots straight between the eyes of a Grey-Tier behind Avery. The hail takes the shape of small buckets. "...I think it misunderstood me. Whatever."

"...No, I think that's a visual pun." A particularly fast Grey-Tier came zipping up the hallway, only to have its torso severed right around the shoulders by Avery's Identity Disc. "Well, it looks like that Grey Ghost just got... busted." And with that, a new shape added itself to the ice brains and ice buckets: ice busts.

"Here's hoping he has a long and prosperous career haunting that library." A large group suddenly burst around the corner.

"Hey, boys! Greybar Island called, they want their army back!"

"Shouldn't these grey guys be all tied up elsewhere?"

"Maybe their bandanas broke!"

"And on that note, I think that I should say one thing; shouldn't your boss have a Grey Queen?"

Avery whipped his Identity Disc down the hallway, cleanly severing two of the Grey-Tier troops - who promptly start falling apart into blocks of grey material. "I think they're the same person!"

Daniel does likewise with a lightsaber similar to that of Darth Maul. The spinning red laser death disc severs a fair few heads- and one of the troops arm's- before colliding with a wall and shattering. "Hey, Grayboy! You're gonna need a pilgrimage; to find your arm!"

"Don't worry, I'll just take one of your spares. You're not using your right arm, are you?"

"I really don't think my systems are compatible with yours. You might wind up little more than a puddle of grey goo if you tried."

"And anyway, it's in use." He punches straight through the lungs of his disarmed foe. "He broke easily. I guess 'slate' is more descriptive than I thought."

One of the surviving Grey-Tier troopers was aiming what looked like a camera-based cannon at the pair. Daniel throws Avery a painting of Skaia from off of the wall , and Avery speeds towards the camera cannoneer and smashes it over his head. "No portraits today, Dorian!"

"Say, do you think that thing takes it's shots in black and white?"

"No, they're probably achromatic. Just like our friend here."

"Grey is so boring, though. Let's put a little colour in his cheeks- crimson, that is." A swing of the Solaris sword neaty bisects the unfortunate Grey-Tiers head into two pieces. His cheeks do indeed become red with blood - and crimson raindrops begin to fall now, too.

"...Man, these Grey guys sure are wasting their lives."

Daniel nodded at his ally, asking for permission to break the chain. Avery responded with a thumbs-up of assent. "...And that's just the beginning, chumps."

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

There was a tremendous increase in the storm's power- and small tornadoes started to whip up upon the completion of the exclamation of "BREAKER". As did a large Tsunami.

"Wave goodbye!"

The mass of water, slowly becoming stained crimson from the coloured rain, raged through the entire facility, avoiding those on the side of the Offices and providing MASSIVE DAMAGE to those against it.

"I think they just got... swept away."

"...We need to get paid more for coming up with this sort of thing." With that, massive amounts of Boonbonds began falling from the sky. "Much appreciated." Daniel proceeds to scoop up his share of the well-earned gains.
    Last edited by orngjce223; 12-21-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Mobius reaches for Hadron and clutches her hand, tightly - the world snaps back into place again. They are in the medical wing of the building, and none of the Grey-Tier have followed the Skaianet employees. Tricia looks around wildly.

Hadron looks at Mobius and tries to catch, and hold, his eyes as long as she can. It is a triumph for both of them, reuniting against all odds and after so long, and then Hadron slumps, unconscious. Mobius' throat is capable only of a strangled yell.

Mobius reaches for the computer, and a moment later -

* Dying by Grey-tier no longer counts as a heroic or just death.

The room in which Hadron is draped over Mobius' bed is filled with rainbows of multicolored light -

----

And they stared, as their Founder revived.

Tricia reached out, almost put her hand on the shoulder of the person next to her, then turned to look at it and drew her hand very deliberately away.

Daniel stared. He couldn't really do anything else- he had seen some pretty freaking masterful coding right there.

Avery had unsealed his helmet on arrival, but the blinding light that came from the resurrection forced him to seal it back up again.
    "...I don't believe this..."

In a dark corner of skaianet, Narada feels a shining, overwhelming glow of returning life. She feels the warmth rush through the building, and gains strength from it once more.

And Hadron Kaleido, the Heir of Time, rose again.

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 397986878889909192 ... LastLast