Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: It's Adventure Time!

Anyone notice how in the new episode
    SPOILER!!!!!
    When Finn killed Darren Darren said, "THANK YOU!" Very creepily? Dark

Watashi Wa Kawai NodesuKa Uguu Greyscale's Avatar

The latest episode, Little Brother, was storyboarded by Adam Muto and first timer Madeleine Flores.

If you recognize Madeleine, particularly her Help Us Great Warrior stuff, you will understand why this episode was so heroic and fantastic.

Because seriously. It was great.

I am so seriously angry about Root Beer Guy

Pronouns
    [any]

Yeah, I think they ran into some problems with including him in the cast so they had to do something to explain why he wouldn't be appearing, but the whole thing could've been handled a lot better.

The voice actor asked for RBG to die because the Banana Guards being incompetent was- in his opinion- a funny running joke that he knows will keep going, and he didn't want RBG- as head of the Banana Guards- to be seen as incompetent by extension and thus have RBG's character tarnished in that way.

But no yeah he was the best one-shot character so it was like, dang, guys. Dang.

Personally I found amusement in how he was casually killed off screen with barely any fanfare, but maybe I'm just weird like that.

It was pretty funny.

But man RBG was the coolest though.

At least this way he won't have a chance to get boring.

Pronouns
    [any]

It was actually really funny, but still a bit disappointing.

The whole "didn't want to lose a gag or tarnish a cool character" thing makes sense. And still technically falls under my "had problems integrating him into the cast" speculation, since they couldn't think of a way to both keep RBG convincingly competent and the banana guards incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth76 View Post
    It was actually really funny, but still a bit disappointing.

The whole "didn't want to lose a gag or tarnish a cool character" thing makes sense. And still technically falls under my "had problems integrating him into the cast" speculation, since they couldn't think of a way to both keep RBG convincingly competent and the banana guards incompetent.
    A better solution would seem to me to be to simply make the regular bananna guards even more incompetant, make a point to depict them constantly misinterpreting his directions and reporting incorrect information. But I suppose lampshading things like that could potentially eat up episode time that could be better used.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 07-17-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    http://files.myfrogbag.com/fjs2jj/Ek...ed%20Title.png
    WWMDSD- What Would the Marquis De Sade Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    A better solution would seem to me to be to simply make the regular bananna guards even more incompetant, make a point to depict them constantly misinterpreting his directions and reporting incorrect information. But I suppose lampshading things like that could potentially eat up episode time that could be better used.
    Yeah, I had no problem with the way they did it, that was hilarious, but doing this instead would have been much better.

Another thing is that bothers me about Root Beer Guy dying (besides him being a really great character and his episode probably my favorite in all of season 5 part 2, not to mention exactly what i needed to not give up on AT by that point) it really pisses me off whenever Adventure Time goes and restores the status quo for the sake of maintaining the status quo. Jake has puppies! But no, wait, they grow up in one episode. Finn loses his arm! No wait, it grows back 4 or so episodes later. The Candy Kingdom has a new captain of the guard to whip up the guards into shape! No wait, let's kill him off really early into the next season so we can keep the banana guards stupid. I really would like it if AT would make a big change and not go back on it almost immediately. When cool new stuff happens (for instance, the arm thing) I go out of my way to tell other people: "see, this is why adventure time is a cool show! it's not afraid to change up its status quo and do interesting things!" but then i end up looking stupid when that gets undone so quickly. Granted, Root Beer Guy getting offed isn't anywhere near as big as that, but it really reflects on a grander and very annoying trend in Adventure Time.

things heat up for our cast

also, you forgot the following u-turns: peebles becoming 13, ice king swearing off of princesses, ice king turning back into simon, finn having an actual relationship
    Last edited by weirdee; 08-16-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

They also confirmed that it will never be seen on the tv show because homosexuality is illegal in some of the countries where Adventure Time is shown.

To be fair, the Simon thing wasn't going to last anyway, since that episode made it pretty clear from the beginning that he would die if he stayed that way. The other stuff, yeah....

About that: Yeah! It's nice to have some confirmation at last, even if it won't be shown (not that they've hidden it much, but still). I only wish I hadn't read the youtube comments, because they're super depressing.

Recent episodes have been pretty interesting. Little Brother was a very fun adventure episode. Ocarina finally saw one of Jake's kids who wasn't Jake Jr. in the spotlight, and it was pretty neat. Princess Day interactions were pretty cute, and Nemesis was kinda crazy. I hope Peacemaster becomes a regular character.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

My brother thought it was odd that I would laugh at some of the more mundane things that Peacemaster would say. I then proceeded to try to explain that I was laughing more because I realized that the voice for Peacemaster (and Rattleballs at that) is that of Rainn Wilson's (or Dwight Schrute for that matter).

Hm, I've also been thinking...Adventure Time is on its sixth season, which most likely won't end until next year. And it's been picked up for a seventh, which could realistically go into 2016 (that is, assuming that the seasons keep being pretty long). And it's not outside the realm of possibility that it will get an eight season, too. But the thing is, in 2016, Finn will turn 18. I do wonder how they'll handle having Finn be (technically) an adult. Considering how age has been a significant theme in the show so far, and taking into consideration things like Too Old and such. Should be...interesting

That is, unless they decide to stop doing the thing where time in-show roughly matches real life time and makes characters age realistically. Which I hope they don't.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I would love to see Finn finally old enough to actually court Princess Bubblegum and then maybe even going so far as to turn her down when he realizes how obsessive she has become.

Upon hearing this, Tom Kenny, voice of the Ice King, blurted out, "It was illegal here until 2013, for god's sake!"
    I pictured a frustrated Ice King defending one of his fanfics

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 155562636465