MSPA Forums
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185865666768
Results 1,676 to 1,696 of 1696

Thread: It's Adventure Time!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: It's Adventure Time!

Maybe he did something we don't know. He seems capable of doing awful crap.

Latest episode was great, really really cool visuals and stuff.

It was funny that T.V was voiced by Tina Belcher's voice actor, cause whenever they referred to him as "he" or "son" I would be like "wait what? ... oh nevermind" even though it's actually a man's voice.

A literal gravy train TheTomSmith's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

So, anyone else think the last couple of episodes were subpar?
    "Reality is a story the mind tells itself; an artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic firings"
    - Doug "Ratman" Rattmann, Portal 2: Lab Rat

Contingit Stercore

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I liked seeing Finn's old house. I also liked the fact that Finn is trying to fix his dad's ship.

Whatever happened to that episode they talked about regarding how Finn was born/discovered?

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

i did kind of feel like the last few eps didnt really leave an impression on me, yeha. i liked this one though
    Read KTF Here

Have you noticed that gods and demigods sure seem to die pretty often in this show - King of Mars, Prismo, the Lich, Glob - they don't tend to stay gone, but still

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by DgallowsCalibrator View Post
    i did kind of feel like the last few eps didnt really leave an impression on me, yeha. i liked this one though
    Meh, I don't really enjoy Ice King-heavy episodes.
    "Reality is a story the mind tells itself; an artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic firings"

Contingit Stercore

The Uncanny Valley Personified Billiards Slick's Avatar

I've been waiting for this, a Jermaine episode, since season 2. Practically the entire time I've been watching. What is it, four years now? And I wasn't disappointed. I actually liked it a bunch. I hope he becomes a more regular character, I want to see him interact with Jake's kids and more with Finn.

The recent Ice King episode wasn't the best, but I liked how Abracadaniel apparently tried to analyze him and ended up frozen as a result. Classic Ice King move.

yeha i was pretty pumped for jermaine, although i havent been watching probably as long.... i really liked the idea that their dad had somehow gathered loads of treasure, and jermaine as single handedly holding them all off, scp style

i also want to see the blue demon he was friends with come back. kinda reminiscent of the shapeshifter, in terms of colour only, and in a way i havent confirmed. but w/e i just want to see him again.
    Read KTF Here

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I loved this episode. I love when you can see the style of the guest story-boarders shining through, and this episode had LOTS of really Brandon Graham-y art in it, and I really loved Jermaine as a character and that he was voiced by Tom "Greg Universe" Scharpling!

I had actually forgotten all about Jermaine having been introduced as early as season two, so to me he was a big reveal in the Investigations episode.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTomSmith View Post
    Meh, I don't really enjoy Ice King-heavy episodes.
    well, the ep i was referring to was the jermaine one. i did kinda like the lamp but yeha that ep wasnt that great
    Read KTF Here

I'm surprised there hasn't been much noise here considering the season ended about a month ago! Anyway I totally forgot about that and only finished watching it today. Some really interesting episodes towards the end there. Graybles 1000+ was...ominous as shit. That Ice King especially...and in You Forgot Your Floaties Betty ended up just as bad as Simon, if not worse. I wonder if she'll return...And of course the whole plotline of the season with the Comets. I thought it was built up very well, definitely felt like some of the tightest storytelling there's been in this show, as far as the sheer amount of foreshadowing we got goes. But the ending felt a little...lacking? I dunno. It wasn't as "big" as I expected it would be after all that build up. But it was pretty good, nevertheless.

(i would have posted about it but i didnt want to double post)

those were pretty much the eps i remember the best from the past series of eps too. the finale wasnt quite what i expected it to be either, just in terms of the fact that there are so many hanging plot threads that are left to be picked at. but at the same time i think it was good, and since a seventh season is p much guaranteed, im sure they probably intentionally wanted some stuff left open to pick at.

i for one am pretty interested in seeing how princess bubblegum's overthrow will affect S-7. and sweet pea + the betty/simon thing are also things im interested in the development of.
    Read KTF Here

I'm just wondering how long the candy kingdom's coup d'etat is gonna last. As we all know, this show isn't super great at changing the status quo for any significant period of time. It wouldn't be the first time a finale had some big change come PB's way only to get overturned early into the next season.

Finn said he was 16, which is odd, because he should have turned 17 a few months before that episode. Though I guess since the crew doesn't have any control over when the show airs it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Seventh season sounds pretty interesting though. There's apparently going to be an eight episode miniseries in it, about MArceline or something? Girl needs more screentime so this sounds pretty good. In any case, it's worth noting that the next episode of this show is going to be the 200th! Dang, it really has been a while.

And, oh, yeah! I forgot to mention. Water Park Prank. I didn't like it a whole lot or anything, but I'm still really glad it happened. The fact that these guest episodes exist at all is just really cool, and I hope to see more in the future.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I think what would be interesting would be if Finn started to be around the same age as Princess Bubblegum to the point that suddenly she was pining after him and he didn't really want anything to do with that. Or like maybe he started to be too old.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I don't know about that, even as Finn's growing up it seems like they've established that PB is too serious for him. Even if there is more ship teasing, I really doubt PB would ever "pine" after him, because the crew and the demographic they aim for are pretty politically progressive, and I think they would want to avoid doing something cliche like that with PB's character.

I make no judgment call on whether or not it would be justified, but there would absolutely be accusations of misogyny.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Oh, yeah true. I don't necessarily mean pining as an extreme, but rather expressing more interest in him. And that could be something that happens considering PB is trying to take a breather.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I really liked the first guest episode (Food Chain was the first, right?). The style and concept were very appealing. Kinda looking forward to the next one, though Water Park Prank was kinda meh.
    Any idea when season 7 is coming?

Contingit Stercore

Quote Originally Posted by TheTomSmith View Post
    I really liked the first guest episode (Food Chain was the first, right?). The style and concept were very appealing. Kinda looking forward to the next one, though Water Park Prank was kinda meh.
    Any idea when season 7 is coming?
    The first was actually A Glitch is a Glitch from season 5. Food Chain was the second, and also one I enjoyed a lot, too. By virtue of being guest episodes, they're gonna be hit or miss most of the time, but they're still a very cool thing in general.

People are saying Fall for season 7. So. I guess, around September or so. If true, I think this will be the first time Adventure Time has been off the air for more than one consecutive month, literally since it started. That's. Kind of weird to think about, actually. I think it's only missed like four or so months in its now more than 5 years.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Billiards Slick View Post
    The first was actually A Glitch is a Glitch from season 5. Food Chain was the second, and also one I enjoyed a lot, too. By virtue of being guest episodes, they're gonna be hit or miss most of the time, but they're still a very cool thing in general.

People are saying Fall for season 7. So. I guess, around September or so. If true, I think this will be the first time Adventure Time has been off the air for more than one consecutive month, literally since it started. That's. Kind of weird to think about, actually. I think it's only missed like four or so months in its now more than 5 years.
    Ah, forgot that one. Not sure why, though. The 3D was an interesting change of pace.
    And fall for season 7? That is a bit unusual. Maybe it has something to do with the last few episodes of the season being all in one week? I dunno. Still excited all the same.

Contingit Stercore

between an Automated External Defibrillator and a bag of StoneFire flat bread chips
    Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Unfortunatly I stopped watching that show because it got just a little too strange for me..
    Adventure?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Myxine Vye View Post
    Unfortunatly I stopped watching that show because it got just a little too strange for me..
    Well, it isn't for everybody, that's for sure. Maybe give it a second chance before giving up on it, though? It's weird, sure, but it's got damn good story and characters.
    Side note, who else is hyped for the movie? :O

Contingit Stercore

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185865666768