MSPA Forums
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566
Results 1,626 to 1,640 of 1640

Thread: It's Adventure Time!

Re: It's Adventure Time!

Just saw Nemesis. Does anybody else find Peppermint Butler's ability to travel through corners reminiscent of the short story The Hounds of Tindalos?
    http://files.myfrogbag.com/fjs2jj/Ek...ed%20Title.png
    WWMDSD- What Would the Marquis De Sade Do?

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

all very impeartant questions. i guess when i think about it, athena does kinda remind me of josh+margies, altho ill admit i dont remember much other than that athena came out of zeus' skull in terms of the specifics of that story.

as for who would win..... i dunno they both have such vague powers with unspecified semi-arbitrary limitations it's hard to say. on the one hand i kind of want to say bill, because his powers seem kind of more all-affecting, but on the other hand for some reason he hasn't really used them in any ways that are pearticularly cheap, and he keeps getting outed by two twin children siblings, so clearly there are some limitations in place and overall magic man seems a bit more threatening. bill might be able to trick him somehow but magic man doesnt seem all that dumb so i dunno.

i have never read the hounds of tindalos. but peppearmint butler seems like the kind of dude who'd borrow concepts from interesting stuff like that.
    Read KTF Here

Quote Originally Posted by DgallowsCalibrator View Post
    all very impeartant questions. i guess when i think about it, athena does kinda remind me of josh+margies, altho ill admit i dont remember much other than that athena came out of zeus' skull in terms of the specifics of that story.
    That was indeed the main similarity that I had noticed. Though there was also similarity in the matter of him already being able to speak and walk immediately afterwards.

i have never read the hounds of tindalos. but peppearmint butler seems like the kind of dude who'd borrow concepts from interesting stuff like that.
    Well, to summarize the similarities in case you haven't read a synopsis either, the most salient trait of the titular beasts was their ability to travel through the corners in walls and then reemerge from any other corner in the universe, which as I said kind of seems to be what Peppermint Butler does in Nemesis and Death In Bloom

that sounds cool, maybe ill sheck it out at some point.

my supear pivotal question - when's evergreen gonna air? is there at least an eta or something? are they waiting for halloween? or christmas? i dunno. im like dying though, and the synopsis sounds easy to jump the shark wtih but also interesting.

e: 233 x 100
    Read KTF Here

Have you ever seen the movie Cube 2: Hypercube?

I just rewatched it, and now that I see it again, the conduct of the character Simon Grady kind of reminds me of the "Twisted, lost-soul boss-guys" from the Adventure Time episode Dungeon Train (except he had more 'twisted' and less 'boss guy' in his character than they did)

man this episode had a mad creative concept

jakequake..... or earthjake????? hue
    Read KTF Here

Pronouns
    he/him/his

haha, I was thinking how weird it was to hear all those Futurama-y voices in the Everything's Jake episode, I didn't even realize until I saw a post on tumblr that it was because of the Jake / Bender connection. Pretty clever! I liked that episode a lot.

And I liked Is that you? even better. So freaking good. Really creative, cool visuals, awesome story. It's really impressive how much they manage to cram into 11 minutes sometimes. Also, I always love it when

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Yeah Is That You was great. It was probably one of the best episodes I've seen in a really long time. All the weird plot things were cool, and

yeah is that you was a great crazy plot mind screw. i definitely liked it.

Read KTF Here

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by spycomic29 View Post
    Yeah Is That You was great. It was probably one of the best episodes I've seen in a really long time. All the weird plot things were cool, and

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested. The Art of Ooo art book is currently at half-price on Barnes and Noble (also apparently Amazon) because of the whole black friday thing. And there's a general coupon that can bring the price for it down 5 more dollars. So that's something.

Mageican of Darkness Spira-Virgo's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

The latest ep The Cooler is very much sums my suspicion that perhaps Princess Bubblegum.

Yeah, at this point she's even more of a sociopath than a number of other characters that are actually beings of supernatural evil (Hunson Abadeer, Kee-oth, Maja the Sky-Witch, Peppermint Butler)

Pronouns
    he/him/his

That was certainly an interesting episode. It was good that FP confronted PB out in the open. I worried that they wouldn't do anything about PB's craziness other than veiled references to it.
    Here's to hoping that FP asks Finn to help her stage an attack on the Candy Kingdom. Civil war in Ooo would be cool to see at some point.

im a little skeptical of pb's reform. the part where she turns off the computer grid would be the kind of thing where normally i would think she had a backup or something. but since that was only shown for the benefit of the audience i guess it's supposed to be played straight. but i feel like something big needs to happen w/ pb's paranoia before they can really resolve it
    Read KTF Here

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566