MSPA Forums
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566
Results 1,626 to 1,630 of 1630

Thread: It's Adventure Time!

Re: It's Adventure Time!

Just saw Nemesis. Does anybody else find Peppermint Butler's ability to travel through corners reminiscent of the short story The Hounds of Tindalos?
    http://files.myfrogbag.com/fjs2jj/Ek...ed%20Title.png
    WWMDSD- What Would the Marquis De Sade Do?

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

all very impeartant questions. i guess when i think about it, athena does kinda remind me of josh+margies, altho ill admit i dont remember much other than that athena came out of zeus' skull in terms of the specifics of that story.

as for who would win..... i dunno they both have such vague powers with unspecified semi-arbitrary limitations it's hard to say. on the one hand i kind of want to say bill, because his powers seem kind of more all-affecting, but on the other hand for some reason he hasn't really used them in any ways that are pearticularly cheap, and he keeps getting outed by two twin children siblings, so clearly there are some limitations in place and overall magic man seems a bit more threatening. bill might be able to trick him somehow but magic man doesnt seem all that dumb so i dunno.

i have never read the hounds of tindalos. but peppearmint butler seems like the kind of dude who'd borrow concepts from interesting stuff like that.
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Quote Originally Posted by DgallowsCalibrator View Post
    all very impeartant questions. i guess when i think about it, athena does kinda remind me of josh+margies, altho ill admit i dont remember much other than that athena came out of zeus' skull in terms of the specifics of that story.
    That was indeed the main similarity that I had noticed. Though there was also similarity in the matter of him already being able to speak and walk immediately afterwards.

i have never read the hounds of tindalos. but peppearmint butler seems like the kind of dude who'd borrow concepts from interesting stuff like that.
    Well, to summarize the similarities in case you haven't read a synopsis either, the most salient trait of the titular beasts was their ability to travel through the corners in walls and then reemerge from any other corner in the universe, which as I said kind of seems to be what Peppermint Butler does in Nemesis and Death In Bloom

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

that sounds cool, maybe ill sheck it out at some point.

my supear pivotal question - when's evergreen gonna air? is there at least an eta or something? are they waiting for halloween? or christmas? i dunno. im like dying though, and the synopsis sounds easy to jump the shark wtih but also interesting.

e: 233 x 100
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Have you ever seen the movie Cube 2: Hypercube?

I just rewatched it, and now that I see it again, the conduct of the character Simon Grady kind of reminds me of the "Twisted, lost-soul boss-guys" from the Adventure Time episode Dungeon Train (except he had more 'twisted' and less 'boss guy' in his character than they did)

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566