The Iron Sky CGI team is looking for experienced artists
The visual effects production for the feature-length scifi comedy “Iron Sky” has begun. Currently we have an inhouse team, led by Samuli Torssonen – the man behind Star Wreck. We are now calling all talented CGI artists around the world who have a passion for motion picture visual effects. We offer a competitive pay and a bunch of extremely dedicated coworkers. A project featuring Space Nazis is not something you want to let pass lightly!
is a science fiction comedy being produced by Blind Spot Pictures and Energia Productions in Finland, and co-produced by 27 Films in Germany and New Holland Pictures in Australia. The budget is roughly 6 million euros. The primary language of the film will be English, with worldwide theatrical and online distribution.
WHEN AND WHERE
Iron Sky is starting shooting in less than two weeks and principal photography will be finished by the beginning of February 2011. CGI production will take place in Tampere, Finland. Post production will be finished by the end of October 2011.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Maya Lead Animator
- Competitive salaries
- An interesting and challenging project
- A creative and passionate team
- We will also help you find an apartment near the production facilities
Maya Lead Shading & Texturing artist
- Able to lead a team of animators
- Experience in working with 3D tracked camera solutions
- Experience with character animation (digital stunts)
Maya Dynamics Technical Director
- You can deliver realistically textured & shaded assets ready for rendering
- Knowledge of advanced lighting techniques (for example HDR environments, ambient occlusion, texture baking)
- You know Maya Mental Ray shaders inside-out
Maya Lighting TD
- Extensive experience in Maya particles and fluids
- Experience in creating effects such as fire, smoke, destruction, explosions, mist, dust, etc.
- Experience with objects dynamics (destroying various kind of things!)
- Experience with Mel scripting
We might also consider a Softimage / Houdini dynamics TD
- Previous experience in lighting photorealistic CG in live action environments is essential
- Comprehensive experience with Maya Mental Ray is required
- Can set up the scene for the final render
Very experienced Lightwave generalists
- You know how to transfer data to Maya
Nuke / After Effects Compositors
- Able to animate, create dynamics, shade and render out the final frames
- Able to transfer data between Maya and Lightwave
If none of the described positions seem to fit, but you are sure you’d be a great help, feel free to send in an open application.
Send your resumes/portfolios/showreels to: email@example.com
If you are a promising student or self-taught 3D artist without work experience, ask for an internship. We generally cannot offer paid internship positions but we offer you real work experience in your field – not just making coffee at a fancy office.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to create amazing visual effects and animations.
Is you’re interested call Samuli at +358-40-749-9765 and send your resume with samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org