MSPA Forums
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2504

Thread: Adventure Plots Up For Grabs

Duke of Discontinued Adventure argre000's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Adventure Plots Up For Grabs

You are the game grumps, and you have just been sent a game known as sburb. Hilarity ensues.
    Characters can be Jon, Arin, Barry, Suzy (the goose), and possibly some others from the Game Station.
    Adventures in Progress
    Discontinued adventures:
    Whoops, broke my discontinued adventures spoiler tag. Oh well.

Human of Alfandra simon.clarkstone's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Fazwick View Post
    Just wondering, if it is alright to make an adventure from a game screenshots. Game with good map editor can really be a great tool. Age of Empire 2, Warcraft 3, Age of Mythology and such.
    It has been done before. The general chat thread might be able to point you at one.
    [U4G] OREG (A space adventure)
    Starring Opabiniataurs, because humanoids are boring.

public static of void snuffysam's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

There have been plenty of adventures with Minecraft screenshots, and a couple with other games.
    BLASTED | TIME GAUNTLETS | ETERNAL END | RADIO HOUR | MSPFA BEST OF 2013 AWARDS

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by argre000 View Post
    You are the game grumps, and you have just been sent a game known as sburb. Hilarity ensues.
    Characters can be Jon, Arin, Barry, Suzy (the goose), and possibly some others from the Game Station.
    While we're at it, DeliciousCinnamon play SBURB too. Perhaps a bootleg version that was very poorly translated by Vietnamese people. Maybe at the same time.
    Adventures I write that I wish you'd read:
    <CLASS> of <ASPECT> Quest!
    Full Immersion
    Odd One Out
    A Frigid Foray

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

YOU ARE RX SANTA DUCK, HERE TO DELIVER PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE TO NICE CHILDREN ALL OVER THE WORLD

WHETHER THEY NEED IT OR NOT

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Please view the second panel in this comic strip.
    Okay. Your adventure's main character has 3 goals in life, starting from the beginning of the adventure, and when (s)he achieves them, the adventure ends and the players win. Those goals are exactly as described:
    -Plant a book
    -Write a child
    -Have a tree
    ..interpreted in the most difficult meaning those phrases could possibly have. So no, you can't just bury some book you bought and claim you "planted" it. You've got to do something much more challenging.
    Full Immersion
    Odd One Out
    A Frigid Foray

You are an english professor. Try not to commit suicide.

Aw Lime Log

You want to climb up (via land) and then go down (via water) Niagara falls but it seems like EVERYONE thinks this is a bad idea

even better-climb up via water and go down via falling.

Quote Originally Posted by hector212121 View Post
    even better-climb up via water and go down via falling.
    Waterfall and Rock Slide.

You discover that Santa is actually an organization that delivers presents to poor children worldwide. You become Santa. But, you are orthodox Jewish and never take off your orthodox clothes (black coat, black hat, braided hair). Good luck.
    Something something signature something something ZILLYHOO
    I made a Forum Adventure! I'd really like it if you could check it out.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Alternatively, you are Chanukah Harry, but you are an Orthodox Christian/Catholic/the Pope.
    H3Y S3CR3T W1Z4RD 1S TH1S YOU?

Spooky Fleshlust textventure (please, i really need suggestions)
    I liveblog Faction Paradox.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Some old ideas taken from adventures where I tried to actually use images, and ultimately failed to do anything good with them. If you decide to use one of them, you really don't have to use every detail, I'm just going over what I did:

-The adventure is a Metroidvania side-scrolling game. It starts with with everything extremely basic and locked, so much so that the HUD is locked, and the player can only move in one direction and can't jump at the beginning. Rather than arbitrarily giving the player upgrades, however, the player is instead given upgrade points of a few certain kinds--like Body, Weapon, Interface, etc.--and it's up to suggestion which of a few possible upgrades (like "Jump" and "Go left" near the beginning, for body upgrades) is obtained first from a tree. Your design of the next few rooms should either allow for any of the choices to be made (which is hard) or be done progressively based on which choice the suggestors made (which is somewhat easier). If you're really adventurous with this idea, you might even make things like sound, better graphics, and other player characters upgradeable/unlockable. Some kind of absurd power should eventually be available to the player--things like editing the level, teleporting at will, manipulating time, etc. I attempted to use this idea in UNLOCK, but found that designing rooms with interesting puzzles and whatnot is actually really hard, and drawing them is, for me, even harder.

-The main character is a video game character in a really terrible "art" game on some Flash-based website. The kind of game that's too pretentious to actually let the player do anything, and instead just dictates some incredibly stupid nonsense that's supposed to be deep at the player. At the time the adventure begins, however, the main character decides he's sick of being in this game and starts doing stuff he shouldn't be able to do, completely changing the genre of the game around. And then he finds a portal to another game also on the website, and goes and screws around there, too. He goes through progressively better games, always looking for a genre he actually enjoys existing in. And...what happens with that is up to you. Attempted in GenreShiftEr, which I consider my most successful abandoned image-based adventure. The second area was going to be a cheap clone of Twilight Princess, but drawing stuff is hard in MSPaint when you're terrible at it, and I just ran out of steam.

-There is only one character throughout the entire adventure. However, the character has somehow entered an area of spacetime where time travel is relatively easy and the normal rules of causality do not necessarily apply. In my imagining, time travel is done by simply opening doors: Doorknobs work like keys, and turning one to the right or left will push one forward or backward in time, respectively. The adventure takes place over a small, limited amount of time (say, a week), and if someone waits around at the end it loops back to the beginning (so, for instance, Saturday's midnight becomes Sunday's hour 0, where Sunday is the beginning of the loop). There are numerous instances of you (which I'm using for the main character so I can explain in less words) not only because causality is weird and you can literally decide to do two different things at the same time as a result of time traveling (i.e., go back and prevent yourself from doing A, causing a version B of yourself), but also because there are a number of you from the beginning (that is, there are several versions of you that never experienced anything you're experiencing since coming to the weird time zone). The adventure would be puzzle-based, and focused on the main character's attempts to escape. Again, in my version, it's a building of questionable geometry where each room contains at least one puzzle which will release a doorknob, which is needed to open a door and which will also send one through time. My effort was DIME TERRA POX (an obvious spoonerism of "time paradox"), but I just couldn't come up with any decent puzzles when it came right down to it, and--guess what?--drawing is hard. Even in my best approximation of the original Jailbreak style.
    Full Immersion
    Odd One Out
    A Frigid Foray

You Have to Rope the Burns. George Burns.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

-An adventure based on the game Dungeons of Dredmor, preferably a little more complex than a simple let's-play-and-take-screenshots adventure, although that could certainly work since the game's turn-based.

-There is a particular type of art called synesthesia; it comes in many types but in particular I'm referring to the kind that attempts to give visual expression to sounds--this would be an example of what I'm talking about. Your adventure takes place in a world where the visual "stuff" from that kind of art is physically present and can act on the world around it, and behaves as a kind of magic that only musicians can use. Essentially this is a world where musician=mage, and musical talent/skill=magical power/control (maybe even respectively with those two). It's important to the idea that random noise and things like talking don't have the effect music does; they are mundane sounds with no more effect than in the real world. Other than that detail of the setting, the rest is up to you.
    Last edited by Xindaris; 02-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Full Immersion
    Odd One Out
    A Frigid Foray

Pronouns
    he/him/his

You are the Bear Pope, and you are about to maul the next guy who asks if you're Catholic or if you shit in the woods.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

You are a very cute ice cube, and you must use your powers of adorable to convince people to let you into their home, and then raid their freezer.

Adventures in Progress
    Discontinued adventures:

This is you

You are a shogun in fuedal Tank-Japan. You have to totally take over some other tank-clans and also keep them from taking over yours, or something.
    Last edited by ashdenej; 02-07-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: ensmallenating

I'm not old I'm just Beard Age OldManRupee's Avatar

A gameshow with more and more elaborate show mechanics, and the show producers keep adding weirder gimmicks during the commercial breaks. Can you win, or even survive?
    Stuck for inspiration? Check out the resources in my signature:

Pronouns
    [any]

So for a class, I had to come up with 100 potential video game ideas. My friends urged me to post it here.
    Some of the ideas I've used, others are from this topic, but I'm too lazy to weed them out so you get EVERYTHING. Under a spoiler since, you know, 100 ideas.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Any of Peter Molydeux's tweets
    Adventures in Progress
    Discontinued adventures:

You are dead, and have to solve your own murder. The thing is, the evidence points to you. And I'm not talking about suicide.
    http://i.imgur.com/oaTAN.gif
    "If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character, would you slow down? Or speed up?" -- Chuck Palahniuk
    pesterchum - cynicalDoomster/xeroticDeceiver
    http://i.imgur.com/Y096E.gif

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Use this random noun generator set to 10. The 10 nouns generated must be vitally important to your adventure, be they characters, weapons, locations, part of some sort of arc words or magic key-type incantations, or even relating to the overarcing plot or themes of your adventure.
    Full Immersion
    Odd One Out
    A Frigid Foray

You are an Ewok.

No, that's it. Good luck.
    Something something signature something something ZILLYHOO
    I made a Forum Adventure! I'd really like it if you could check it out.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Yako View Post
    So for a class, I had to come up with 100 potential video game ideas. My friends urged me to post it here.
    Some of the ideas I've used, others are from this topic, but I'm too lazy to weed them out so you get EVERYTHING. Under a spoiler since, you know, 100 ideas.

Idea: Use all of these.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Hmmmm...you might could make that work if you shifted from one plot to the next every, say, X updates. In fact..what if you cycled every single update, and always hijacked the suggestions intended to go to the previous main character for the use of the current one? (This could actually also work if you just cycled arbitrarily from one to the next after however many updates you felt like sticking around a single character for. The non-constant number would keep readers on their toes about who's actually going to enact their suggestions.) Obviously, you'd come back around to the 1st after hitting the 100th. And, of course, some of the characters interact with each other along the way.
    Full Immersion
    Odd One Out
    A Frigid Foray